• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge upgrades at check-in?

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi, I read the whole 7 pages on Concierge Reviews,it is a great thread. Anyway a couple of people mentioned asking for an upgrade to concierge once they check-in and are quoted a price per day.I noticed that it was at the WL that this happened both times. Has anyone done this at any other Deluxe Resort and what has the price been?? Thanks, Joan

Hi,

From what I have heard on this board it really only works well at WL. It's around 40.00 to upgrade from a courtyard view and a bit more from other types (ie) 50.00 from woodsview and maybe 60.00 from standard.

As far as the other resorts - like AKL, GF etc.. I believe they look at the rack rates for concierge and try to charge you the difference!

I have not heard of anyone having success at a low daily rate at the other resorts.. but I have heard of a few people getting complimentary upgrades usually because there was a problem of somekind.

Hope this helps

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by >>^..^<<

I have not heard of anyone having success at a low daily rate at the other resorts.. but I have heard of a few people getting complimentary upgrades usually because there was a problem of somekind.

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP RED ALERT :jester:
Speaking from experience as a CM, this is NOT a practice at resorts for service recovery for a variety of reasons. Of course there may be a very few exceptions, but 99.9% of the upgrades to concierge occur to occupancy factors at individual resorts. Of the multitude of "I had a bad experience, I want concierge as recovery" requests I have heard/witnessed, only one has been granted- and it was a extreme circumstance surrounding it.

I don't mean to jump on this, but I don't like seeing anyone get their hopes up or expect something that in reality probably won't happen.....

I'll step off my soapbox now. :D Carry on!

We stayed at the AKL using our DVC points last December (cruise was cancelled so we decided to go to WDW at the last minute insetad). The year before we had spent two nights at AKL on the Concierge level and loved it. When we checked in for this stay I asked about upgrading to the Concierge level and was able to do so for $100 per night. It's more than the great deal we've heard about at the WL but it was worth every penny!

Our last trip was split between the Polynesian concierge and the Beach Club. We loved the concierge service, so we asked what the upgrade would be at the BC. It was $150 per day, about the same price as if we would have booked it before we left (I checked rates, but we decided to stay with standard at the BC). We passed and decided the $$ would be better spent on bills when we got home.

We got a free upgrade at concierge at the GF last year and loved it so much we asked how much to upgrade at the AKL the next night and were told it would cost $120 more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter