Concierge Wish requests and responses

LisaRN97

DIS Veteran
We made our requests at 12:00:01 this am for our sailing in August. Got the immediate response that our email was received but it also stated that because of an increase in volume, there may be a delay. For those that have already made your requests and got your responses, how long was the turnaround time?

you send in your requests at 130 days out and you are able to see them at the 120 day mark. Keep in mind that they put priority based on the time received and not the time you sent it. it could take a minute or two for your email to get through their email server.

I have had emails I sent in the past at exactly midnight get received minutes later for whatever reason.

Could you send two emails? Like say one at 11:59pm and one at 12:00am? Would that "disqualify" you?
On our one failed attempt to sail concierge for our anniversary (2020, ugh!) I hit send a millisecond too early (computer clock was slightly ahead) and when I realized it by looking at my sent mailbox I immediately replied to my first email apologizing and asking if they could consider my second email please. The CM who replied said it was good I sent the second email because my time stamp on the first email was indeed too early and they would have had to put me at the bottom of the list, but since I emailed again they could use my second. YMMV. Next time I will just use world clock—not worth the stress!

On our one failed attempt to sail concierge for our anniversary (2020, ugh!) I hit send a millisecond too early (computer clock was slightly ahead) and when I realized it by looking at my sent mailbox I immediately replied to my first email apologizing and asking if they could consider my second email please. The CM who replied said it was good I sent the second email because my time stamp on the first email was indeed too early and they would have had to put me at the bottom of the list, but since I emailed again they could use my second. YMMV. Next time I will just use world clock—not worth the stress!
I use the count down portion of the DCL app as my clock

If I'm not interested in a cabana, is there any real reason I need to rush to get any requests to Concierge? I'm not even sure what I want to request?

If I'm not interested in a cabana, is there any real reason I need to rush to get any requests to Concierge? I'm not even sure what I want to request?
probably not. you can log in at the 120 day mark and reserve what you want but you will be competing with the concierge guests that have already reserved and the platinum guests that can book at 120 days.

I always try for a cabana, palo brunch/dinner and character meets. I have done a bourbon tasting one time as well.

We made our requests at 12:00:01 this am for our sailing in August. Got the immediate response that our email was received but it also stated that because of an increase in volume, there may be a delay. For those that have already made your requests and got your responses, how long was the turnaround time?
I did not receive a confirmation that my email was recieved, should I have? This is my first time sailing DCL so I have no idea how this all works! How do I know they got my email?

I try not to freak out about these things. When the clock on my computer hit 12:00, I hit send. I received the email that they got it and the message about the delay. Two days later I received another email that what I had requested and what they were able to fulfill would be viewable in my account at the 120 day mark. Along with a reminder that things were determined in the order in which emails are recieved. So, with that, I would rather be a moment late than early, as that truly puts you at the bottom of the list. If I did not get the generated message that they received my email, I would give shoreside a call. If I had no requests such a specific excursions or a cabana, I would wait to contact them. No rush. Such as we have specific request for beverages for the cooler and pillows we would like noted on our reservation. I will be emailing them shortly regarding those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter