concourse steakhouse ?

debluvstigger

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever eaten here -- what's it like, are the steaks good. We are a steak and potatoes family and are really looking forward to a good steak at a comfortable setting. Thought about the Yatchsman Steakhouse but don't want to use 2 pts for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

deb

We ate there last September and it was very good. Had filet mignon and mashed potatoes which was very good. We were on the free dining plan so we also had seafood bisque for an appetizer and had dessert. The atmosphere is not like some of the other restaurants...not themed...but you do get to see the monorail come through. We also ate at the Yachtsman and that was excellent but was 2 TS credits.

thanks for your reply. DH is excited :yay: about eating steak. He's really pushing for the Yatchsman -- Maybe we'll do both. Thanx again.

We have done both, but not on the dining plan.
Courcourse was a surprise for us on our last trip - we had never eaten there before. The steaks are really good.
Yachtsman is a favorite of DH's. It's a 2 credit and is worth the $, in our opinion. The meats will be seasoned and the presentation fancier.

Both are really good. We will be doing both in August.

We ate there last year on the dining plan, DD and DFi had steaks which they both loved. I had the pasta and I thought it was excellant!

I ate there last fall and it was wonderful(I had the strip) ! I have plans to dine there again. Here is a pic of the strip:
P9260221.jpg

We enjoyed our meal in january. My family loved the monorail running thru because it brought back memories of their first trip almost 20 years ago. Great value on the DP, I think.

We ate there and enjoyed it. I thought the steak was good and the potatoes were excellent.

If you're really into steak and potatoes, I'd also consider LeCellier's in EPCOT's Canada (it is also a one credit TS). We ate at both on our last trip and while I don't have anything bad to say about Concourse - LeCellier's is just incredible. The steak was cooked to perfection and easily sliced with a butter knife...and they have cream cheese mashed potatoes that I crave on a daily basis. Good luck to you!!

I hope to try Concourse this trip as well. We ate at LaCellier last time after hearing all of they hype. I honestly have to say that it was just O.K. We actually thought the steak was kind of grisly. We don't plany on going back.

We ate here last year and it was the best service and food we had. you can also ask for a b-pot. if you don't like the mashed. Mashed pots. are everywhere in wdw rests. it seems.

Glad to hear you can get a baked potato, are there other things you can sub in, like fries etc? I'm assuming you can ask for it to come without the sauce? We're eating here in Nov and I can't wait, love the monorail!

I have to second the opinion on Le Cellier, probably the best meals i've ever eaten at WDW were there! I will tell you that I am a beef lover and never a complaint, always tender and cooked to perfection! Can't wait..27 days to go!

We have eated at both LeCellier and Concourse. LeCellier must have been having a bad night because my neither of us had a good steak there. At the Concourse my steak (the strip with red wine butter) was SUPER! Dh's bisque was good too. The Concourse is very underrated! :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to eating at the Concourse Steakhouse this May. While looking at the menu, I saw a children's dessert where you can paint a cookie? Anyone have any pictures of that? My DD would love it!!

We also agree that Concourse Steak House is great! We ate there last Aug. and it was the best meal that we ate and we ate everywhere including Le Cellier. The steak was amazing! They were also the most flexible with the meal plan and we had amazing service and the place was almost empty (this was at lunch time on a Monday I think). Definitely doing it again this August!

Kayleebug said:
I'm looking forward to eating at the Concourse Steakhouse this May. While looking at the menu, I saw a children's dessert where you can paint a cookie? Anyone have any pictures of that? My DD would love it!!

Stolen from a post by JodyLynC...my daughter had fun with this also.

cookie1.JPG

Thanks for the pic, jjan! It looks very cute. DD will love it. (Hey, I might love it, too!) ;) :banana:

We ate at Concourse last trip and I loved it. The ceasar salad was delish and so was the filet.

This August our family is eating at Concourse, Lecellier, and Yachtsman, boy talk about over kill. LOL

ate there last week. We were on the DDP and they limited our appetizers to soup or salad and then we could get any entree and desert. Filet was excellent.

That is new about limiting the appetizer choices, last year we had shrimp cocktails. We are going back in September and I already made an ADR for Concourse but I'm wondering if we should switch to another place. Do you remember what the soup and salad choices were?

sorry we were limited to soup or salad at wolfgang pucks. Concourse there was no limit we had scallops for app. and we could even have a smoothie as a drink. It didnt count as a desert

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter