Condition of BCV

dwight16

DIS Veteran
Hey all i just booked a week in may in a 2 bedroom i was wondering the conditions over at BCV. i stayed about 18 months ago and my room still had a tube tv and looked a bit worn. has anyone been there lately? if so what is your option?

I just got back from WDW and BCV last Thursday. My room was ok. They have taken the bedspreads off the beds and just have two sheets and a blanket on the top of the bed. That is the same way as OKW in August. I like the theming of the bedspreads, but I think the sheets feel like the room is cleaner, more hygienic.

There were two flatscreen TVs in the one bedroom condo. The room was clean.

The carpet in the halls is not as clean as it could be. I think the rooms are still beautiful and you can't beat the location and pools at BCV.

I was there for the Food and Wine Festival, so I love BCV for the convenience. When I walked through the BC halls, they had darling carpet with Flounder and Sebastian in the motif.

Good morning -
I just returned from BCV and I will not be going back. I even wrote an email to the DVC president. There were a number of issues that really bothered me that I had not faced at other DVC resorts.
1 - The hallway / common area carpets are absolutely disgusting. Not just dirty but NOTICEABLY filty, brown if not black areas of dirty carpet through-out the resort. The common library area, the flooring was in need to cleaning, buffing, the scratches,marks, etc in the entire room is not what I would call Disney quality. The "smoking area" was in the pathway of taking the back way around the resort to the Cresent Lake / EPCOT area. Every freekin time we had to walk through smoke-filled area's where smoking was going on. totally un-called for in the area designated for smokers.
The seating for the quick-service is almost ALL outside and VERY limiting. The iron was non-functional and the luggage / valet service was SLOW !!!
Sorry but I was NOT impressed. Now take this HUGE DVC resort with this 1 freekin elevator at one end of the place and we are talking some walking to get out of the resort itself, over this ugly, dirty carpet.
Nope, not going back

Hey all i just booked a week in may in a 2 bedroom i was wondering the conditions over at BCV. i stayed about 18 months ago and my room still had a tube tv and looked a bit worn. has anyone been there lately? if so what is your option?

Which room? There are over 200 villas and they all have different levels of wear-and-tear, different maintenance schedules, etc.

Good morning -
I just returned from BCV and I will not be going back. I even wrote an email to the DVC president. There were a number of issues that really bothered me that I had not faced at other DVC resorts.
1 - The hallway / common area carpets are absolutely disgusting. Not just dirty but NOTICEABLY filty, brown if not black areas of dirty carpet through-out the resort. The common library area, the flooring was in need to cleaning, buffing, the scratches,marks, etc in the entire room is not what I would call Disney quality. The "smoking area" was in the pathway of taking the back way around the resort to the Cresent Lake / EPCOT area. Every freekin time we had to walk through smoke-filled area's where smoking was going on. totally un-called for in the area designated for smokers.
The seating for the quick-service is almost ALL outside and VERY limiting. The iron was non-functional and the luggage / valet service was SLOW !!!
Sorry but I was NOT impressed. Now take this HUGE DVC resort with this 1 freekin elevator at one end of the place and we are talking some walking to get out of the resort itself, over this ugly, dirty carpet.
Nope, not going back

I thought BCV has 3 elevators at 2 different locations.

:earsboy: Bill

Strange - perhaps it was missed? When we last stayed in the Villas section exactly 3 years ago both our studio and our 1BR had flat screens.

Oh ya, forgot about the crtiquing in these posts.
OK, there are two (2) elevator locationsssss...Either way you still have to make your way back towards the main entrance to get to the buses, etc. My point is that the hallways are LONGGGG and it takes time to get out of the villa's.
There are also teo (2) smoking locations around the villa's that are literally on the PATHWAYS in which you walk to get from point A to point B - CRAZY
lasly, we were on the 3rd floor and the 2nd floor was the same carpet condition. This is not a "little" dirty in spots but absolutely filthy in many spots. This is not a "few weeks or months of dirt but looks like years.....
Again, I was the least impressed with this DVC resort than any others I have visited or stayed at. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

Wow sounds like it's a bit in disarray I have heard they have tested new carpets for a full replacement.

It is definitely in need of a rehab and deep cleaning. I was very disappointed in our last room there and that was 2 years ago in Dec. and they have not redone the rooms since then.

I refurb is scheduled to begin in about a year. Hallway carpet swatches are currently being tested for color, durability and performance.

On average, it is (arguably) the DVC resort most in need of some TLC. But in-room conditions will always vary from one villa to the next.

Oh ya, forgot about the crtiquing in these posts.
OK, there are two (2) elevator locationsssss...Either way you still have to make your way back towards the main entrance to get to the buses, etc. My point is that the hallways are LONGGGG and it takes time to get out of the villa's.
There are also teo (2) smoking locations around the villa's that are literally on the PATHWAYS in which you walk to get from point A to point B - CRAZY
lasly, we were on the 3rd floor and the 2nd floor was the same carpet condition. This is not a "little" dirty in spots but absolutely filthy in many spots. This is not a "few weeks or months of dirt but looks like years.....
Again, I was the least impressed with this DVC resort than any others I have visited or stayed at. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

If you think the hallways are long with a long distance to the elevator, then you will want to avoid the BWV. Only one elevator bank there with three elevators.

And you will want to avoid OKW because the QS dining there is outside at the pool. You sit at a picnic table on the boardwalk by the boat dock. And it has fewer offerings than the Marketplace at BC. And avoid Kidani Village because the only QS there is at the pool (and very limited). You have to go over the Jambo House.

THey are almost identical to the tile carpeting we have at our business...
Its painfully obvious they are going for the biggest bargain....and thinking nothing about guest response or even how they look...They do look terrible...
Id be happier if they just left them as they are if this is the alternative

If the test is the carpets on the first floor, they are horrible. No theming. Just plain varied brown. They look like they would go in a warehouse. Not even as good as hotel carpets off property.

THey are almost identical to the tile carpeting we have at our business...
Its painfully obvious they are going for the biggest bargain....and thinking nothing about guest response or even how they look...They do look terrible...
Id be happier if they just left them as they are if this is the alternative

Maybe it's just a test type of carpet and not the pattern.

Just returned from room 540 BCV. Thought the resort was beautiful. The carpet looks like sand, not dirt.

Only problem is that the sofa bed was broken... Very hard to open, someone helped us and we left it opened.

We used the grilling area, it was clean. Pool areas clean. Friendly person staffing concierge service in the villas . Great stay ... Looking forward to next one.

We stayed at BCV in early September. Our room was clean and we found the hallways to be very clean as well. It was a great stay and we enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks for all the responses I feel sometimes peoples expectations are a bit elevated when they think about these time shares at bcv and bwv they are about 20 years old now right? They are full all the time and they are not the hotel getting 400 a night.

Thanks for all the responses I feel sometimes peoples expectations are a bit elevated when they think about these time shares at bcv and bwv they are about 20 years old now right? They are full all the time and they are not the hotel getting 400 a night.

Owners pay millions of dollars per year to maintain the DVC resorts and we trust that Disney will make decisions on our behalf when choosing the quality and durability of the furnishings, the cleaning cycle and the refurbishment schedule. We also expect that they will choose colors and patterns keeping with the resorts theme.

IMO that doesn't always happen and there may be a conflict of interest with the new resorts. Disney wants to build resorts keeping their costs low knowing that after the units are declared, the owners are responsible for making repairs and maintaining the property. BLT is a good example of lessor quality furnishings being used on a project. Hopefully the change in DVC upper management will result in a better quality product at VGF and future resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

BCV is only about 11 or 12 years old. It opened about 2001 or 2002. After VWL opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter