Connections-How long to get my $ back???

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
I ordered our park hopper passes on Friday. They billed me $1,300 on Friday. Called the bank today to see if I have enough to book my priceline air tix. Uh - NO! Connections billed me again today for another $1,300 - the exact same amount as my first charge on Friday.

Connections says that they don't know if they billed me twice and it will take 2 days to figure it out. Does anyone have experience in getting refunds? How long did you have to wait?

Did they charge your credit card? Or did they debit your checking account using a debit card? If it was off the credit card it shouldn't take to long for the refund. But if it was off a debit card it could take up to two billing cycles (or two months), I know this because I work for a bank. But even with that disclaimer I have seen almost every refund to a debit card checking account re-credited within 5 to 7 days.

I hope I get my money back in 5 - 7 days. We're going to BG Williamsburg for Easter. It would be nice to be able to pay to eat while we are there. LOL

Actually if your debit card is displaying the MC or Visa logo, they are to have it credited back to you no later than 30 days. (Now I think that might be business days-I haven't read the actual disclosures in a couple of years). Regardless-if they are going to credit you back, I also have never seen it take longer than 14 days max-and that was only in extreme cases.

I know on the bargain board this happened to some other people also-I think they may be having problems running entire files twice or something. But they had their problems solved quickly if I remember correctly. As in any mc/visa transaction to be refunded, cancelled, etc. document all dates, calls and parties spoken to (name, empl#, whatever) in case you need to dispute.

(I highly doubt you will).

Wow, let us know how long it takes. I'm always afraid to use my debit card for things online and this really scares me! I just joined yesterday and was about to purchase some vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter