Considering OKW or Saratoga Springs

I would prefer SSR, but would be happy at OKW. Neither resort screams Disney theming, so if that's what you are looking for you may want to explore other options.

The need for Disney theming always puzzles me. When they theme the resort to a locale like Key West or Cape May, guests complain that they look like grandma's house. When they theme the resorts to Hampton Inn, they love the look but don't complain about a lack of theming. But that's just my feeling.

We are DVC members at Saratoga Springs. The Resort is very spread out and so like any it has its pros and cons. It offers great access to Disney Springs especially in the Congress Park area in fact it is only a 10-15 minute walk to Rainforest Cafe. We much prefer it as it’s a lot quieter than other resorts and it offers great access to the surrounding parks except possibly Animal “Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon. We’ve never stayed at Old Key West but I think its just been given it’s 10 year refurb and Saratoga is getting theirs soon which it sadly needs however the rooms are still great and amenities are good too. Another hidden gem is the restaurant Turf Club, the food and service in this restaurant is in my opinion some of the best on property.

We are staying at OKW in July. I use an EVC and I am concerned about getting on the bus. What bus stop would be the best to be able to get on.

We stayed at SS springs before and stayed at the first bus stop and never had a problem

We are staying at OKW in July. I use an EVC and I am concerned about getting on the bus. What bus stop would be the best to be able to get on.

We stayed at SS springs before and stayed at the first bus stop and never had a problem
I used a scooter and we were on Millers Road which is the last stop before the Hospitality House (final stop to theme parks). I never had a problem getting on the bus with my scooter. Sometimes we went to the HH to board the bus and never had a problem there. One time there were two scooters waiting at the HH and the bus already had one scooter onboard. So I was able to board since the two scooters were traveling together and didn't want to take different buses. Peninsular Road is the first stop for theme park buses.

I recently swapped over from OKW to SSR for our trip in June for a few reasons. ( got two teens in my group)

1. Closer to Disney Springs, they like it there
2. Pools seem to be a better fit for them there
3. They see OKW as more of a retirement resort
4. Numerous places to fill our resort mug and more food choices

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter