Contact info for Grocery Delivery to DVC rooms please???

WelcomeHome

Mouseketeer
Hi,

May I please have the contact information for reputable companies that deliver groceries to DVC rooms?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or info you can provide!

Bast wishes,
Dave

I use Instacart. They shop at a local Publix and are very good about contacting you if one of your selections is out-of-stock and suggesting replacements.

OP, are you asking about delivery specifically to your room? I think most companies either deliver to Bell Services or meet you in the lobby.

We just used Walmart delivery and were very satisfied. There is no mark up, you pay in store prices. We have used Instacart, Garden Grocer, and Shipt. We have been equally satisfied with them all, but we are no longer willing to pay significant mark ups for our groceries.

We just used Walmart delivery and were very satisfied. There is no mark up, you pay in store prices. We have used Instacart, Garden Grocer, and Shipt. We have been equally satisfied with them all, but we are no longer willing to pay significant mark ups for our groceries.
I agree... we used Garden Grocer 3 or 4 times in the past and all were great experiences don't get me wrong, but when we went last November we decided to price out them and Amazon PrimeNow and I was surprised how much cheaper it was with Amazon Prime. So many options out there now there's no need to pay high mark ups or added on fees.

I've been happy with Prime Now. If you've never used it, it is a separate app from Amazon, even though they are the same company. You can order from Amazon or Whole Foods on the app.

We used Walmart Grocery. If you do the monthly membership, you can sign up for your trip and have unlimited delivery during your stay. We tend to try to do a 2 week trip and move from resort to resort. It's easier not to tote groceries from one place to another. I estimate how much is about enough per resort.

So which Walmart store do you select, I see two close to Disney. We're heading down the end of Jan for two weeks it would be nice to give it a try.
Thanks

WalmartGrocery tends to have the best prices (google coupon codes for free shipping or $10 off) - deliveries are picked in store by Walmart associates & delivered by DoorDash.
Instacart & Amazon PrimeNow are usually the next best for pricing.
Dizzy Dolphin & Garden Grocer tend to be the most expensive (our $300 WalmartGrocery order would have been about double with DD or GG :oops:).
Btw, the Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ mentioned has, unfortunately, not been updated in years, and some things have changed.

Btw, the Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ mentioned has, unfortunately, not been updated in years, and some things have changed.
If you have any updates to the FAQ thread, please share them there so the thread has correct information.

I've found that most places will deliver to your building, which is handy if you are staying at OKW, CBR, or SSR.

The cart initially has a the generic resort address, then when they call to say "on the way", you should know your room/building number, so they can park right out front.

We had a poor experience with Instacart during our October trip. I ordered 4 days in advance and they cancelled the day of (an hour before we landed). Not sure if it was because it was raining and no one wanted to shop or if it was a small order (around $80) so it wasn’t worth it to them.

Ended up going with Amazon Fresh and they were great. No price mark-ups and plenty of delivery times. Wound up placing a 2nd order during the same stay and will use them again on future visits.

We had a poor experience with Instacart during our October trip. I ordered 4 days in advance and they cancelled the day of (an hour before we landed). Not sure if it was because it was raining and no one wanted to shop or if it was a small order (around $80) so it wasn’t worth it to them.

Ended up going with Amazon Fresh and they were great. No price mark-ups and plenty of delivery times. Wound up placing a 2nd order during the same stay and will use them again on future visits.

Did Instacart do anything for you? I have a giftcard I was given for them so pretty much stuck using them in January otherwise I would likely just go to the store quick myself.

Just returned from a stay Nov. 29-Dec. 4, 2020 at VGF. During our stay we placed two orders with Target/Shipt. This was my first time doing grocery delivery. My shopper Jordana, was excellent. She texted when she started shopping, asked if there was anything else we needed and kept in constant communication. She was familiar with delivery system at the resort. I was at dinner unable to get back to the resort for the delivery but Jordana checked everything into bell services. Picked it up when we returned. My son placed second grocery order, again with Target/shipt, his shopper also texted when she began to shop, another smooth transaction. We both ordered our groceries through the Target app with shipt delivery. Both my son and I took had signed up for Target’s six month free membership for Shipt during Black Friday. Groceries did not cost any more than normal. if you spend $35 there was no fee for delivery. We left a tip in the app after delivery. Very good experience for us

Thank you for everyone's reviews! We're planning to use grocery delivery for the first time as well & I did notice that the "Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ" hasn't been updated since 2018. Now I'm left with SO many choices! I don't think we're doing a large order & not ordering alcohol either. I read other threads where Walmart deliveries were turned away by bell services at Pop Century (IIRC) but from PP, it seems to be ok at DVC resorts? I was leaning toward Instacart, but not if they cancel orders at the last minute. I'll have to look into Shipt/Target next.

Thank you for everyone's reviews! We're planning to use grocery delivery for the first time as well & I did notice that the "Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ" hasn't been updated since 2018. Now I'm left with SO many choices! I don't think we're doing a large order & not ordering alcohol either. I read other threads where Walmart deliveries were turned away by bell services at Pop Century (IIRC) but from PP, it seems to be ok at DVC resorts? I was leaning toward Instacart, but not if they cancel orders at the last minute. I'll have to look into Shipt/Target next.
Our family used Target/Shipt, for the first time in December 2020, at the VGF. excellent experience.for us. Our orders were not super large and did not include alcohol.

We've used Instacart a number of times, & none of our orders were canceled. Our son used Amazon last year, & his driver & groceries "disappeared", according to Amazon. It took arguing, but they eventually refunded the order. Then, he had to fight with them to rescind the tip (they said it was non-refundable o_O) - he eventually got that refunded. Immediately after wasting so much time arguing with Amazon, he placed an Instacart order & had it within 2 hours, no problems.
Basically, there have been some sort of problems with just about every grocery delivery service. We prefer Walmart for the ease of ordering, no mark-up or extra fees, prices, & selection (I eat low carb, so need less common items). We've also found them less likely to be out of items. For the few items we've had OOS (store brand), they substitute with premium brand, without charging additional (alcohol cannot be substituted).
If you prefer selecting your substituted items, most of the other services have the shopper communicate with you directly about substitutions.
I would fill up cart with each business you are considering, going all the way to pre-payment so you can see prices & additional fees - then compare the totals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter