Contemporary, BC, GF...

Lanie

DIS Veteran
So we are planning a big bday trip for the kids (2 and 5), and we will be spending 10 days in WDW which will include both of their bdays.

We just stayed at the Contemporary, which was great, but we were looking to switch it up... Thinking of doing the BeachClub or the GF... We love being close to the parks, and the pool at the BC is definately a big attraction.

Anyone stayed at those three want to give me some advice please? I'd really like to hear how they compare to the Contemporary.

TIA :)

I was at BCV last year with a 1 & 4 yo. It was difficult trying to deal with 2 little ones at the pool. The older one wanted to do everything, most of which he couldn't go alone... he also doesn't know how to swim. DD wanted to follow her older brother. We were there in May so it wasn't packed, but still crowded. If you are going during hot weather, I'd avoid BC for a few more years.

We did AKV this year and it was great. The kiddie area was just right for my 2 & 5yo. It was contained and separated from the bigger pool, not too crowded. Plus the kids loved looking at the animals outside.

GF would be great as well. Kiddie area is gated and sectioned off. Character meal in the resort.

I was at BCV last year with a 1 & 4 yo. It was difficult trying to deal with 2 little ones at the pool. The older one wanted to do everything, most of which he couldn't go alone... he also doesn't know how to swim. DD wanted to follow her older brother. We were there in May so it wasn't packed, but still crowded. If you are going during hot weather, I'd avoid BC for a few more years.

We did AKV this year and it was great. The kiddie area was just right for my 2 & 5yo. It was contained and separated from the bigger pool, not too crowded. Plus the kids loved looking at the animals outside.

GF would be great as well. Kiddie area is gated and sectioned off. Character meal in the resort.

Thanks!

We did AKV in 2011... LOVE the resort (it's our home resort), but we find that the buses can be a pain with a stroller, so the monorail and walking to the parks are a big plus...

Mayge GFV would be better then

I agree about the pools at BC - just way too spread out when you're trying to keep up with 2 tots that age.
Haven't been to the GF since the new kiddie pool area, but it looks like it might be perfect for them.
Enjoy your vacay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter