• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary construction pic

TiffanyW1

Mouseketeer
We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas from 6/12-6/18 and took a pic of the construction at the Contempory site while boating. Just wanted to share :wizard:

262527154.jpg

TiffanyW1
Thanks for the picture. It looks like things are moving along. Since cranes are onsite I wonder if structure (foundaton) will begin to show up soon?

TiffanyW1
Thanks for the picture. It looks like things are moving along. Since cranes are onsite I wonder if structure (foundaton) will begin to show up soon?

Those cranes were there during our last trip which was 5/13-5/21.

I'm surprised there isn't more progress to be seen.

Thanks for posting, Tiffany. I was just thinking we hadn't seen pictures for some time.

we were at VWL from 6/10-6/15 and this was what we saw from the monorail:
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

no nothing about construction.

but WDW just send the bid request for steel and cement last month. Don't they generally allow 6 weeks or more to get in all the bids?????

Those cranes were there during our last trip which was 5/13-5/21.

I'm surprised there isn't more progress to be seen.

Thanks for posting, Tiffany. I was just thinking we hadn't seen pictures for some time.

You are right, considering the size of the area, it does not look like they have done very much in the last two months.

Just came back from BWV tonight.....our dinner last night was at California Grille and at the end of our dinner our waiter freely offered info about the CRV's as if it was common knowledge. He said he realized it has not been officially announced but everyone "knows" it is definately happening. He said that they has first heard that they were going to do another restaurant at the top on the 15th floor but now they are hearing that it is going to be an exclusive luxury lounge for DVC members.. He has worked at the Grille for 12 years...does that make him any more credible?? I bought it all hook line and sinker and am just passing it on.....(Dinner was great!!)

I called my guide earlier this week to ask him a question totally unrelated to CRV. He knows that I have been asking a lot of questions about that lately, so when I told I had a question, he assumed it was about that. He immediately proceeded to say "No, I do not have any information at this time about CRV." I said that I know he can not alk about that so I would not ask him about it. He startd to talk a little bit more about it anyways and I told him that I heard there are models next to where the AKV models are. He then said he knew about those but that if they go in there, they will be shot. He also said he was a little curious as to when they will start selling because of SSR and AKV. He said that he has never seen Disney try to sell 3 resorts at once, but SSR would be sold out by fall of this year. He also said that AKV sales were going well and they could possibly start selling CRV around 2009.

I think that CRV is a safe bet at this point.

I think that CRV is a safe bet at this point.

I have sold one small DVC contract and have two others listed. I am doing this to avoid the rush to sell unwanted contracts when CRV is announced.

My only real questions are, how many points will be required to buy into CRV? How much will they cost per point? At what levels of purchase will incentives be offered? When will the contracts end? :cloud9:

I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but have any of the rumors covered the possible number of villas planned for CRV? :confused3 I have heard of the 15-floors, but given that the "Watergate-like" structure (IMO) looks very big, I was wondering where it would fall into the DVC resorts size category. :confused:

Don't know whether we'll do an add-on there, too; if it's quite large, we might just take our chances on availability since we travel off-peak (for DVC and for holidays). :goodvibes

I have sold one small DVC contract and have two others listed. I am doing this to avoid the rush to sell unwanted contracts when CRV is announced.

My only real questions are, how many points will be required to buy into CRV? How much will they cost per point? At what levels of purchase will incentives be offered? When will the contracts end? :cloud9:

How are you going to feel if CRV never comes to be:confused3

If CRV is never announced, I will use the money I have gotten from the sales, about $8000, to stay in whatever it is that is built on that spot!

Come on, everybody, all the asbestos is removed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter