Contemporary Work Continues w/pics

WDWMOE

Earning My Ears
These pics were taken 9/24/07. Work seemed to be going on everywhere.

The first picture is the new shop in the middle of the concourse.

IMG_4855.jpg

Next is the construction parts outside.

IMG_4843.jpg

Then of course is the C-shaped building that all cast members know what it is going to be. ( Too bad Jim Lewis could not confirm nor deny at Monday's OKW extension meeting. But he did say he was enjoying the rumors on the internet. :surfweb: )

IMG_4862.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Hey, does anyone know if the CR project is ahead og Kidani at this point?

Wow, check out those views! Either you get a killer MK view or a more gorgeous lake and wetlands view. I could easily live with that.

Reminds me of a beach resort I stayed at once as a kid. High Point South in OC, MD. The open C shape faced the ocean and the backside faces the bay. Gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.

P.S. Where were you when you snapped this pic? I'll be going next weekend for a couple weeks and want to know what the best vantage points are. I'm not staying at CR obviously.

The outside pictures were taken from the eleventh floor fire escape on the outside of the building.

Really nice pic of the construction. One thing I noticed is that there is not a lot of space between the building and the lake. Wonder where the pool fits in??

Thanks for the pics. Hey, does anyone know if the CR project is ahead og Kidani at this point?

I would love to know the answer to this as well. Last I heard, they were working on the new barns at Kidani, but no word on actual construction of the villas.:confused3

We have our AKV on hold and waiting to see if this is really going to be a DVC. Yes i know, don't wait - but a DVC on the Monorail, PRICELESS!

I would love to know the answer to this as well. Last I heard, they were working on the new barns at Kidani, but no word on actual construction of the villas.:confused3

I guess that summer 2009 is out of the question for Kidani. Bummer. Looks like CRV or whatever it will be, will be done first.

I guess that summer 2009 is out of the question for Kidani. Bummer. Looks like CRV or whatever it will be, will be done first.

This begs the question.......Is there any way Kidani would NOT be done at all? :eek: And, what do you think is the hold up over there?????

CRV (if that is what this is) - needs to go straight up for 16 stories.

I really believe that Kidani will be finished first. Right now they are still working on Jambo. Which hopefully will be finished by this Dec.

Kidani will be finished in 2009 (if not sooner). CRV probably won't be finished until 2010.

DVC will finish AKV believe me. they expanded SSR and there is more demand for AKV than SSR.

but yea as much as I love AKV - waiting for a monrail DVC - how cool is that!!!:love: :woohoo: :scared1: :cheer2:

The C shaped building will have great views but it will kill some of the views from the main building.

CRV (if that is what this is) - needs to go straight up for 16 stories.

I really believe that Kidani will be finished first. Right now they are still working on Jambo. Which hopefully will be finished by this Dec.

Kidani will be finished in 2009 (if not sooner). CRV probably won't be finished until 2010.

DVC will finish AKV believe me. they expanded SSR and there is more demand for AKV than SSR.

but yea as much as I love AKV - waiting for a monrail DVC - how cool is that!!!:love: :woohoo: :scared1: :cheer2:

Maybe when they are finished with Jambo, they will send some of those workers over to the CR to work on the suites....:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter