Contemporary!!

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Just got back from WDW and we took one of those speciality fireworks cruise. Our guide on the cruise was AWESOME!! He confirmed that DVC is being built at the Contemporary. That the tower for DVC will be one floor higher than the main building now. That is is scheduled to be done by Summer 08. It sure did not look like that. But he said is is official and that they are being allowed to tell guests. He had no problem answering our questions about it at all. I will check with DH to see exactly how many rooms he said there was going to be I can not remember. But he said it is a definate they are just trying to sell more of SSR out before they offer selling the Contemp...

Just got back from WDW and we took one of those speciality fireworks cruise. Our guide on the cruise was AWESOME!! He confirmed that DVC is being built at the Contemporary. That the tower for DVC will be one floor higher than the main building now. That is is scheduled to be done by Summer 08. It sure did not look like that. But he said is is official and that they are being allowed to tell guests. He had no problem answering our questions about it at all. I will check with DH to see exactly how many rooms he said there was going to be I can not remember. But he said it is a definate they are just trying to sell more of SSR out before they offer selling the Contemp...

Summer 2008 completion date is what did me in on this guy's info. No way!

I agree. I just don't see it being completed by Summer 2008. And there's been no official announcement from DVC yet.

The boat captains are always the worst. I can't tell you how many of them spoke with authority and confirmed that the monorail would be running through the Swan and Dolphin hotels...

SSR is well on its way to sellout, Grand Californian DVC has been announced (only 50 rooms though) and the new Hawaii resort with some DVC rooms was just announced yesterday.

No official announcement on the Contemporary yet and there is much speculation if the new building will be hotel/family suites, DVC villas or a combination of both. Not sure where he get his "Official" information and approval to announce this to WDW guests either, lol.

I don't mean to be rude, but a cruise captain is not in any position to "confirm" anything that has not been publically announced, any more than than the desk clerk in the lobby of Exxon-Mobil can announce a merger. Everyone "knows" what they are building, but ordinary CMs don't have any more inside info than we do, sometimes less!

I did not mean to cause "trouble" just saying what he told me. I am sorry that I shared. This is what he said and I just thought I would share. He has been with Disney for 25 years. Not sure if it is true or not but that is what he said.

don't be concerned. some DVC member just don't want CR to happen.

glad your trip was fun!

might believe summer of 2009. but can't see summer of 2008 - that is less than a year and I don't think that building will even be done then - much less completely and ready for use.

but hey been wrong before.

besides summer of 2008 is just too soon for me. I need it late 2009 - not earlier. (budget issues before then)

I did not mean to cause "trouble" just saying what he told me. I am sorry that I shared. This is what he said and I just thought I would share. He has been with Disney for 25 years. Not sure if it is true or not but that is what he said.

I certainly thank you for sharing. :thumbsup2 Any information that is passed on is interesting to me, whether it pans out or not. ;) IMHO, all rumors and speculations are opportunities to use my imagination and daydream for a while. :goodvibes

(Calling all Figments....................;) )

DVC's are popping out everywhere. I think almost all new Disney deluxe resorts will feature a DVC. The contemporay will happen. I am thinking it will be announce summer of 2008.

Thanks for sharing the info!!:thumbsup2 I love hearing the rumors and chitchat amongst the CMs. Finished by 2008 sounds soon, but maybe he means it will go on sale Summer of 2008? That may be reasonable.

In a few days I'll be there myself and I'm hoping I can get some kind of info, reliable or not, it's still fun!;)

hummm what are the odds that i can pay off our AKL loan in time to get some points over at CR.

i will be just happy if they start selling AFTER i pay off my AKL (that i just bought)

I love AK and would love to own some points at Contemp

Very interesting info.

I think a good rule of thumb is that until Disney announces anything as confirmed, its still just a rumor. And even then, it is subject to change right up until the doors open.

If it pans out, I would surely give it a shot.

Thank you for sharing your info from the rumor mill. Perhaps some earlier posters don't have experience in large organizations, but there is always inside information available to lower level employees in the organization that would not be available to you or I. It comes from secretaries, other family members and friends that work at higher levels in the company. Maybe even a memo found in the trash can! The captain said he has 25 years in, I bet he has some sources for juicy rumors!

You go right ahead and post whatever you hear, kritter!! :thumbsup2 A lot of us come here to find out what the rumors are so please don't keep them to yourself.

Kritter, pay no mind to those non believers. I love hearing the rumors and I think they are true. Where there is smoke, there's fire. I look forward to staying there and if I get to do so next fall, I will be very happy.

The boat captains are always the worst. I can't tell you how many of them spoke with authority and confirmed that the monorail would be running through the Swan and Dolphin hotels...

SSR is well on its way to sellout, Grand Californian DVC has been announced (only 50 rooms though) and the new Hawaii resort with some DVC rooms was just announced yesterday.

No official announcement on the Contemporary yet and there is much speculation if the new building will be hotel/family suites, DVC villas or a combination of both. Not sure where he get his "Official" information and approval to announce this to WDW guests either, lol.

I think the bus drivers are worse, If I hear just one more of them say that Disneyland Park will fit in the Magic Kingdom parking lot my head will explode. Funny thing is that according to the measuring tools on Google Earth, the Magic Kingdom at WDW will fit in that lot too! I think it is fair to say that most of those drivers have never even been to Disneyland.

Hi Kritter ...

I, too, want to thank you for sharing! :thumbsup2 I don't understand why others need to jump all over you for passing along something you heard. :confused3
Thanks for taking the time to pass it along ... :)

Dave

DH just reminded me that he said the building was going to be 15 stories high. And yes he did say that they were hoping for 08 if not then early 09. Yes it does seem early to me too based upon how the construction looked when we were there last Thurs. night. But he also told us that Chef Mickey's would be moved to accomadate their largely growing popularity and that it would almost take up one floor.

Thanks for all of you who are soo kind. I am just stating what we were told. We were shocked too at what he was saying. But you never know and it is fun to listen even if it never pans out. But I think that there is a def. possiblity of DVC being there.

I just thought I would share what we were told.

He also said there were plans for the California Grill too. That the Grill would become bigger too since it is popular too.

DH and I can not remember the exact number of villas that he said but I will check with my parents who were with us.

Yes!!!! Keep sharing all the CR information you can:banana: :banana:

To the naysayers I say, pay no attention to the construction that is not going on behind that curtain....:rotfl:

I just hope that poor construction company has found those lost trucks:lmao:

Does anyone have recent photos of the construction there? I saw it first-hand in mid August, and have to wonder what it's looking like by now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter