Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips - LIVE! Semi-live? Over ?

Day 04: Wednesday @ DHS

We headed out for DHS at our usual early time. Now, I have to say, that my wife and I LOVE this Park. I'm not sure what it is specifically, but I juts adore HDS. perhaps it's my affinity towards movies and the theme gets to me or perhaps that this was the first Park that I went to as an adult in 2007. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm would be diminished quickly. At this point in time it was Wednesday day. I think the cornucopia of rich and delicious food had taken its toll on my youngest. We rode RnR and made it to Starring Rolls, but my oldest wasn;t doing well. She had a tummy ache and just looked wiped out. Knowing that we had dinner plans later that evening at Hoop Dee Doo Revue, we thought it's be wise to head back tot he resort for a low key day and let our munchkin regain her Disney zeal.

We didn't get to ride much, but we made sure to hit RnR!

We ended up with the Darth Vader popcorn bucket:
upload_2015-2-10_23-2-24.png

Maddie's "breakfast from Starring Rolls
upload_2015-2-10_23-0-17.png

Maddie chillaxin on the way back to our resort:
upload_2015-2-10_23-1-33.png

Last edited:
We had nice dinner across the board. My wife thought her filet was bit overcooked but hey, when you order it well done, then it will be well done!
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've done lunch there twice, but never dinner. I've always thought our lunches were excellent.

DW is the same way... won't order a steak without ordering well done. Well done means well done.

We ended up with the Darth Vader popcorn bucket:
That is so much awesome! :thumbsup2

That is so much awesome! :thumbsup2
The popcorn bucket ALMOST didn't happen! We were at DHS and said, "We'll come back and get it later." Well, we left the park early that day but did come back later in the week. Well, after Fantasmic, I head over to the popcorn cart to get it and it's CLOSED!:crazy2:
We were lucky enough to have friends with us who were coming back the following Saturday and grabbed it for us. My youngest DD loves it!

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Despite my oldest not feeling well earlier in the day, a nice relaxing day back at BLT cured her ails! None us had done this before and we were meeting up with our friends and their kids. We took the boat over from BLT and got there plenty early.
[URL=http://s97.photobucket.com/user/brettcw/media/BLT%2004%20Wednesday/20141105_172403_zpsa77a6768.jpg.html][/URL]

We had 10 of us so we made sure to get checked in.

We weren't sure if they'd be able to seat all of us but they managed and we got great seat straight back from the stage.

The show itself was highly amusing. Of course there were some groaners, but overall it was VERY funny and choreographed nicely. I'd do this show again without hesitation. The crowd seemed to be very lively and into the show which certainly enhanced the experience. Or maybe it was just the Yuengling talking!

The food was actually better than I had anticipated. As usual, I did not get a before picture. I had MORE than my fill. I liked all of it which made it difficult to choose wanted I wanted to eat more of. So I chose the obvious and had more of EVERYTHING! I had low expectations for the ribs, but I was pleasantly surprised. And the fried chciken was crispy and less greasy than I anticipated. My only gripe was that our server was a bit slow to get us our beers. There were 6 adults and one pitcher. :sad::sad1::sad2::drinking1

Last edited:
That's just a crime...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really want to go there sometime, we've just not ever worked it into our plans.
It was def worthwhile and I would highly recommend it to a large group simply for the fun and frivolity that goes along with it. I suspect that the food could be hit or miss, simply based on the type of food it is. The one thing that we overlooked was the eligibility to use our TIW card. They DO ACCEPT it here, but only for certain shows and of course our show wasn't the right one!:rolleyes:

Wrapping up Wednesday night
Following the dinner show, we figured let's finish the night strong and head to a park. Since we were staying at BLT, we decided to hit MK. Our friends went their separate way and hit EPCOT. For us we finished with a few different attractions and of course got to experience Wishes all while simply having to stroll home to BLT. The convenience of resorts that are near Parks cannot overstated!

Day 05: Thursday at DHS - That's right, we're baaaack!

This was a super fun day. First I was very excited to meet up with everyone in our extensive travel party alongside that I am a HUGE fan of Hollywood Studios. The crowd level wasn’t bad and we navigated the attractions very easily. The only bummer was that RnR was down the entire day. We were fortunate enough to ride it on the previous day but we were certainly sad that we didn’t get to ride it again. During this visit to the Park it was a warm day and fun to hang out with so many different parents during the day. We had a total of 10 adults in our crew and we were all mingling, having a variety of Disney conversations.

One of my personal gripes about this ay was related to meal planning for the day. Now I don’t consider myself to be a control freak, but my feeling on the timing of our dinner reservation is betraying that opinion! I like to eat. That’s no secret. So when my wife and her friend scheduled our dinner or late lunch, I wasn’t a happy camper. I was famished! But that was really my only complaint.

The kids all were having a blast riding things with each other and there were a few times where we mixed and matched

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter