Convertable booster on plane??

trayletha

<font color=red>Sign me up<br><font color=indigo>Y
For those of you who have flown with a young child in a high back convertable booster - will we be able to use the tray table?

...different seats are different heights, and depending upon the pitch of the seating configuration and whether or not the person in front of you happens to be reclining the seat, you may or may not be able to get the tray table down flat.

The one thing I can say is that generally, with a booster you have a somewhat better chance at being able to use it than with a convertible seat for younger children; those seats mostly have higher side bumpers than boosters, which are usually more upright.

Sorry, that wasn't really too helpful, I know, but I thought you might appreciate some kind of answer, rather than nothing at all.

Thank you for the response - It was helpful, I think I'll just plan for NOT being able to use it - out to the stores for a lap desk :D .

I'm wondering the same thing...and you go before me, so please post and let us know how it goes when you get back!

I have the Eddie Bauer high back booster by Cosco.

We have the Century Breverra convertable booster and we have used it on US Air as well as American Airlines and could not use the tray table. It really wasn't a problem as dd used toys, a cassette player and books more than coloring. The small size magna-doodle was a lifesaver. Drinks and food were just put on my tray table. If you have the carseat with arm rests, especially with the cup holder you may have a hard time fitting the seat due to width and the arm rests on the aircraft seats. Also watch the buckle on the aircraft seatbelt, we got ours stuck in the back of our breverra :-( - dh had to stay onboard and wrestle the thing out. Uggh they need to make this easier, I am glad my girls don't use them on flights anymore although my 5yo still uses a booster in the car.

Your probably well aware of this but you can only use the booster on aircraft WITH the harness system.

Have fun
TJ

Hi Barb - I'll let you know, I've got the same type of booster.

I have used four different booster type seats--with the harness--on planes and have never been able to put the tray down. The lapboards with the bean bag type filling on the back work great. I just keep the little one's cup on my tray.

FYI if you child is not in the harness restraint, Eveflo sells a low back booster that we were able to fit in the overhead or in our luggage. You just need to be sure the child is in a seat that has a head rest behind them in the car. You will need a booster or carseat of some sort in FL if your child is under 6 and 60 pounds.

HI - just got back!! Barb - we flew US Air in the Air Buses and the tray table did NOT lay flat the arms got in the way - and when the seat in front was reclined it was the worst (but if you get the tray down before the person in front reclines it was OK) I skipped taking the lap desk because I could only find Jumbo sized. I'm sure they make smaller ones but I couldn't find one. She just used mine for her drink or what ever she wasn't using/holding at the moment and was fine.

Thanks for the info, Trayletha. That's what I was afraid of. I made my DD a little lap desk out of foam board. It fits in the little gap between the seat and the armrests of the EB booster. I haven't actually tried letting her use it, though. The angle may be wrong. We have lots of driving time after we get down to FL (back and forth between Tampa, Orlando, and Ft. Myers) so I'm hoping it will work.

Edit: Forgot to ask: how was your trip?!?

you cant put a child in a booster on a plane. either use it with the five point harness or not at all. your label proabably says just that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter