Convinced the hubby he won't die on the flight to Disneyland. A May PTR

I know what you mean about not having a lot of specific stuff to plan - but I have now moved into the stage where I am planning our days more carefully and looking for a fabulous restaurant in NYC for DH and I to go to while the kids are with SIL.

Problem is that each bit of planning brings up other questions - like:

does that nice restaurant require DH to wear a jacket,
oh no - he doesn't have one,
should he buy one before we go,
or wait until we get there,
will there be time to get one before our night out,
should we pick another restaurant,
will I want to walk too far in my high heels...???
should we see a show that night too,
which show,
can we get tickets,
I want to see Book of Mormon,
2 tickets are more than a mortgage payment,
if we can get them..... :sad:

....pass me the gin!!

I know what you mean about not having a lot of specific stuff to plan - but I have now moved into the stage where I am planning our days more carefully and looking for a fabulous restaurant in NYC for DH and I to go to while the kids are with SIL.

Problem is that each bit of planning brings up other questions - like:

does that nice restaurant require DH to wear a jacket,
oh no - he doesn't have one,
should he buy one before we go,
or wait until we get there,
will there be time to get one before our night out,
should we pick another restaurant,
will I want to walk too far in my high heels...???
should we see a show that night too,
which show,
can we get tickets,
I want to see Book of Mormon,
2 tickets are more than a mortgage payment,
if we can get them..... :sad:

....pass me the gin!!

With or without umbrella?

So, we're at the 8 week mark now. Nothing much happening except I have booked 2 of our character meals. Yay!

I have booked Minnie's breakfast for the first Monday we're there (for the 7 of us). I asked for the first sitting of the morning and got 8.40am. I was hoping to get an idea of what time the park opens, but that doesn't tell me much. Maybe 9am? There's no magic morning that day (as far as I know).

Have booked Goofys kitchen for 5 pm on the Wednesday night (the friends last night). I thought that might give us a couple more hours in the park after dinner if it closes at 8 or 9pm. We'll just have to have a light, early lunch.

Looking forward to the park hours coming out so we can organize what we'll do on each day.

I think we will also do Surfs Up breakfast by ourselves in the 2nd week, but will wait till closer to time, once we've worked out what non-Disney stuff we're doing.

I've also been thinking of next years holiday too. Looks like WDW will have to wait a few years. I couldn't get holidays for the September school holidays, so we were going to do late October/early November. But, I spoke to my eldest sons teacher who suggested it wouldn't be wise to take him out of school in the first couple of years of high school. I decided I needed to put his education ahead of my want to go to WDW.
So, looks like it might be Club Med in Bali for the July school holidays. Anyone been? I've been to Bali a few times years ago. I like he idea that everything's included, with lots of activities for older kids.

So that's whats been happening here.

8 weeks to go! Not long now.

Your breakfasts sounds great. And I hope the park hours come out soon for you. :goodvibes

Yay, another fellow May tripper! Can't wait to hear about your adventures! :cool1: Wish we could have fit Disneyland in as we will be in Santa Monica for the end of May!

Thanks. Yep, it's very exciting.

Jess, we'll be doing Santa Monica beach one day. We missed it last time to do Venice instead. I think we'll do both this time.

Also hoping for some luck that we might get to a game of basketball. Apparently it's playoffs while we're there so I'll have to wait till much closer to the time, as to who's playing where, and how much the tickets will be.

Looking forward to more and more things coming together.

6 weeks tomorrow!

We have decided to book the VIP tour at Universal. We didn't go to Universal last time because so many people said its not really for younger kids. I kind of regret not going, so wasn't going to miss out this time

Even though the tour costs an absolute fortune, we decided we should do it anyway. I have read so many reviews on how great it is. You get valet parking, breakfast, buffet gourmet lunch, front of line access at all rides all day, a longer tram tour where you get to actually leave the tram and walk through the sets. I really can't wait.

We decided to go on a Saturday as the hours are longer, and the cost was only $20 more (that was for higher season though, not because it was a Saturday).

Talking price: Expedia had tickets that were about $40pp cheaper than buying direct with Universal. I had asked the friends if they wanted to come with us, so was waiting on an answer. Well, yesterday I have another look, and the discount was no longer available through Expedia. I was so bummed. I did find that Viator had the cheaper price, so pushed the friends to make a decision (they are coming with us) so I could book the tickets before prices went up with Viator as well. Wow, so stressful. It's a lot of money when its not all yours!!

Am going to get ESTAs today before I forget.

I would have to disagree with the teacher it gets harder in the later years of highschool to take them out than the earlier ones they have less exams etc early on

6 weeks will be here so quick it is good to have the next trip to plan so the Disney blues don't set in to badly when you get home ;)

I would have to disagree with the teacher it gets harder in the later years of highschool to take them out than the earlier ones they have less exams etc early on

;)

As a senior high school teacher I completely agree! Notify your child's school as soon as possible and let them know that you plan on taking your child out of school and ask how you can work in with their learning and assessment calendar - no matter what age or year level they are at.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6 weeks tomorrow!

We have decided to book the VIP tour at Universal. We didn't go to Universal last time because so many people said its not really for younger kids. I kind of regret not going, so wasn't going to miss out this time

Even though the tour costs an absolute fortune, we decided we should do it anyway. I have read so many reviews on how great it is. You get valet parking, breakfast, buffet gourmet lunch, front of line access at all rides all day, a longer tram tour where you get to actually leave the tram and walk through the sets. I really can't wait.

We decided to go on a Saturday as the hours are longer, and the cost was only $20 more (that was for higher season though, not because it was a Saturday).

Talking price: Expedia had tickets that were about $40pp cheaper than buying direct with Universal. I had asked the friends if they wanted to come with us, so was waiting on an answer. Well, yesterday I have another look, and the discount was no longer available through Expedia. I was so bummed. I did find that Viator had the cheaper price, so pushed the friends to make a decision (they are coming with us) so I could book the tickets before prices went up with Viator as well. Wow, so stressful. It's a lot of money when its not all yours!!

Am going to get ESTAs today before I forget.

6 weeks tomorrow for us too!! (WooHoo!!)
Which airline are you flying with?

I don't know how it's taken me so long to find your PTR! But subbing in now :)

It sounds like you have everything under control for your trip, Aussie Shaz.

And I'm not a bit surprised you're dreaming of WDW 2014 :rotfl: I don't think we'll be back to the USA mainland till 2015 and my DH says he's done enough Disney for his lifetime.... :sad1: but I'm still hoping to sneak in a little bit of Disneyland again someday...:wizard:

Andona

Thanks Andona. I loved reading your trip report, and everyone else's of course. Let's see how this one turns out!

Looks like we won't get to WDW next year. I think it will be Club Med in Bali at this stage.

I'll get my sons first year of high school out of the way, then look at WDW again. I will never rule it out though!

Our friends are flying Qantas on the 18th.
How exciting to be going to WDW. It's on my bucket list. Won't be for a few years now.

I managed to find a conference AT DisneyWorld ... Pretty amazing! I can actually justify my trip to DisneyWorld.

ESTAs are done. We're all allowed into the US. Yay!

Universal VIP tour booked and confirmed.

Disneyland hours are out for our first 5 days (5 full-on Disney days with the friends). Weekdays are 9am to 9pm. Better than 10-8, but still a lot shorter than when we were there in August. We'll just have to tour a bit differently this time. Hopefully our second week will have longer hours because it will be after Memorial Day weekend, and the start of summer season I think. Nothing like being in Disneyland until midnight, then in line for early entry at 6.30am!

I'm waiting until early May to check out what movies will be on the plane. I have a few I want to see, so will download any that won't be shown on the plane. Pitch perfect was one, but I couldn't hold out for it. It was fantastic. I also want to watch Offspring starting at Season 1 so will put them on the iPad too.

More pins to share out with the kids next weekend, so they will be very excited.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter