COP - open in March

Moomduck1

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Has anyone heard if the COP will be open at all in March? It was closed in Feb the last time that we visited. I'm taking my boyfriend, who has NEVER been to WDW! I'd love him to be able to see this one!
Thanks!

I love the CoP, too, and am hoping it will be open in a couple of weeks. A few months ago, I emailed WDW about CoP and this is what I got back:

"Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

As you know, Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and Timekeeper in the Magic Kingdom is operated on a seasonal basis. When attendance is projected to be at a high level, these attractions are brought into operation. We suggest that you stop by guest relations on the way into the Magic Kingdom at the time of your visit for a current schedule."

Doesn't really say much, and as to when it will be open...well that's anybody's guess. Here's to hope!

What is CoP? I have never done that before. It must have been closed when we were there before. Can I get a brief description? Thanks!

Carousel of Progress..in the MK in Tomorrowland. It first started at a world's fair, I think in New York, in the 1960s. It follows the progress of a family starting at the turn of the century. The audience revolves around the stage and you see how electricity comes into use, and how life changed. It depicts the decor of the various decades. It is wonderful...one of my favorites and Walt Disney's personal favorite. It is so wrong, IMO, that they cannot just leave a few things stay for nostalgia sake. It was one of the first attractions at WDW.

Originally posted by DopeyRN
It is wonderful...one of my favorites and Walt Disney's personal favorite. It is so wrong, IMO, that they cannot just leave a few things stay for nostalgia sake. It was one of the first attractions at WDW.

I totally agree!! The last time I got to see CoP was 1993. When DH and I went on our first trip together last year, I was soooo excited to show CoP to him. However, since we went in September, needless to say, we didn't get to do it. It was always a must do for me. I hate that a lot of the original attractions are disappearing...Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Review is another one that I can't believe is going, and that I'll really miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter