• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem odd to demo the bus stop at the main building. Perhaps it's the bus stop for the Cabanas. Maybe they are using the space and lot for construction staging.

(edited - always confuse Ranchos and Cabanas :crazy2: )

Last edited:
Seem odd to demo the bus stop at the main building. Perhaps it's the bus stop for the Ranchos. Maybe they are using the space and lot for construction staging.
I'd have to agree. I can't see it being the bus stop that's right out front of the lobby near the main area. This has to be the bus stop for Cabanas which was already torn down.

I'd have to agree. I can't see it being the bus stop that's right out front of the lobby near the main area. This has to be the bus stop for Cabanas which was already torn down.
True however the lobby area will see significant work at Coronado as that is the area the tower is going in.

True however the lobby area will see significant work at Coronado as that is the area the tower is going in.

I stayed in that now torn down building in October. That El Centro stop is really close to where that building stood. It is on that far side of el centro, same side as the check in desk. The plans laid out that this area would be changed so I can see it. They do need a bus stop in that location though. Maybe it'll be closer to the front door.

oops, phone typos!

Last edited:
I stayed in that now torn down building in October. That El Centro stop is really close to where that building stood. It is on that far side of el centro, same side as the check in desk. The plans laid out that this area would be changed so I can see it. They do need a bus stop in that location though. Maybe it'll be closer to the front door.

oops, phone typos!

Agreed. There's plenty of room on the other side of El Centro for bus service, including where Magical Express operates and towards the Convention Center.

Staying here in 10 days. Whats the construction situation like? The CM we booked with tried to down play it quite a bit and said since they are building a different tower it isn't like other construction projects where the actual rooms are being worked on.

Has the Colorado Springs expansion and tower been officially announced? I'm guessing it will be similar to the work at Carribean Beach?

Ah ok, wrong way round. They are expected to get similar working though aren't they? A tower with shops and waterfront dining and new rooms with a tower ?

Ah ok, wrong way round. They are expected to get similar working though aren't they? A tower with shops and waterfront dining and new rooms with a tower ?
Kind of. CBR tower will be DVC and away separate from the main lobby. New dining and shopping will be part of the changes.

CSR will be a convention based tower attached to the main lobby area with dining.

The DVC one could be interesting depending on how they price it with the gondola system which will make it near to Hollywood studios and everything Star Wars

Am i reading this correctly, that basically when the upgrades are done, moderates are going to end up being "deluxe lite"?

Am i reading this correctly, that basically when the upgrades are done, moderates are going to end up being "deluxe lite"?

I don't think Disney has much of a choice. Amenity wise Universal's Value/Mod resorts stomp Disney's. CSR was the only one even close on amenities. Cabana Bay has a fitness center that is top notch by resort standards with rooms under $100 a night.

My question is will there still be some Mod priced rooms at CSR and CBR.

I don't think Disney has much of a choice. Amenity wise Universal's Value/Mod resorts stomp Disney's. CSR was the only one even close on amenities. Cabana Bay has a fitness center that is top notch by resort standards with rooms under $100 a night.

My question is will there still be some Mod priced rooms at CSR and CBR.
For how you much already pay for a moderate, you should already be getting top notch.

Ehh...I guess I'm just going to have to face the fact that I'm being priced out.

I am not sure about this. I imagine the prices will rise somewhat, but there needs to be caution in regards to removing the pricing distinction between deluxe and moderate. I recognize the labels may be removed, but there really needs to be an option that falls resonably between a deluxe cost and a value stay. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that DIsney has not been successful in keeping the deluxe resorts fully booked, and if they increase the number of deluxe resorts they may create an incentive for people to move offsite. I like staying onsite, but if I reach my line in the sand and look at an offsite choice, it is not that far fetched that I also spend some of my normally designated DIsney vacation days and dollars at different area attractions. IMO, this is going to be a balancing act that Disney needs to get right the first time.

Just got back from our stay. Not sure if it was because we were there on a weekend but the only way we knew there is construction was the walls. Never heard any noise or had any issues. Would totally stay again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter