Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - DCL cruises cancelled through 4/28, Canada blocking most cruise ships from docking through 7/1

_auroraborealis_

I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.
RCCL just extended their shutdown and shut down all Alaska cruises from Vancouver and Seattle until after July 1. 125% FCC, plus 125% credit for prepaid stuff. (DCL does not prepay shore excursions.)

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• BadPinkTink

DIS Veteran
    Can confirm a lot of crew on the Magic had their contracts terminated early this week.
    Thats to be expected. They were probably all the ones whose contract was ending before the scheduled Transatlantic on May 11. There is a whole load who have a contract starting on May 11 for The Magic summer season in Europe.

_auroraborealis_

I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.
    And a lot of crew who might be coming in... Where are they now? Because you may not be able to get them in, and they will require a 14 day quarantine if they pass through airports.

• Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
    Thats to be expected. They were probably all the ones whose contract was ending before the scheduled Transatlantic on May 11. There is a whole load who have a contract starting on May 11 for The Magic summer season in Europe.
    do we not still expect the magic to be in Europe at some point over the summer

harriet2

Earning My Ears
    You might. I don't. Not sure about "we."
    I don't either. I think Europe will be fine for the second half of the season, but we won't allow US citizens to enter because it's going to blow up there. I don't think Disney will be able to fill the ship without Americans

Geomom

DIS Veteran
    Nobody knows. If it does go over, I wouldn't expect it before mid-late July. That's 4 mths away, who knows what the world will be like then! I'm trying to be optimistic with the hope that there will be a treatment that works by then...mainly due to the number of scientists actually working on the issue around the world. As an example, Boston University has a level 4 biolab and just got their hands on the live virus, so they're starting to look for treatments that might work--this is happening in multiple locations.

(While we don't have a European cruise this summer, we do have a Disney World and Disney Dream cruise in late July/early August that I'm hoping will happen! My mid-April vacation at Disney World, I've accepted will be cancelled...but I just can't pull the plug on it yet...booked with DVC pts and it'll be better for us if Disney actually acknowledges they're shut down then.)

DIS_MIKE

DCL Commodore
    If Carnival also extends to 5/12 then we can expect the same time frame from DCL. As for the announcement...who knows when they’ll let us know. It has to be coming soon though!

EllieBride

Mouseketeer
    We were booked on the 8/5 Northern Europe cruise, but cancelled it for health concerns and financial reasons.

However, I am seriously beginning to doubt the feasibility of the trip taking place in the original way that we envisioned it. Even if the cruise actually sails, what will the ports be like? Will some of them be under quarantine at that time? That's an expensive "trip of a lifetime" kind of trip (for us) to be taking to not get the full experience.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES