Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Off topic I know but just need to vent a bit. I got sick today with symptoms that match. Called my doctor and it turns out my state is still one of the ones that won’t let you take the test unless you personally had foreign travel or contact with a confirmed case. I am very sad and scared. Have gone from worrying that our cruise at the end of May will be cancelled to lying awake at night with a fever worrying that the rest of my children’s disney vacations will be without me. Stay safe everyone. And remember it’s just a vacation. Let’s hope we and our loved ones all get out of this okay.

Off topic I know but just need to vent a bit. I got sick today with symptoms that match. Called my doctor and it turns out my state is still one of the ones that won’t let you take the test unless you personally had foreign travel or contact with a confirmed case. I am very sad and scared. Have gone from worrying that our cruise at the end of May will be cancelled to lying awake at night with a fever worrying that the rest of my children’s disney vacations will be without me. Stay safe everyone. And remember it’s just a vacation. Let’s hope we and our loved ones all get out of this okay.
I'm so sorry that you're sick and can't get the test. I'm sure the worrying must be unbearable. I hope that, with more tests finally (hopefully) becoming available, you'll get tested soon -- and that it will be negative. Best wishes to you and your family!

I'm so sorry for the stress this is causing you. I'm a medical worrier, so I think I can relate. It might help to focus on these thoughts:
#1 - Even most people who get tested do NOT actually have the virus.
#2 - Worst case, if you do have the virus you have a huge statistical chance of recovering just fine. Even in the worst risk group of 80+ year olds with a 15% mortality rate...that still means 85% of 80-year-olds recover. So think how good your situation is even if you had it! (I've presumed you're under 80 based on your mention of children.)

I am not someone who thinks the virus is no big deal. To be honest, I am shocked by the sad reactions of posters when DCL cancels cruises and believe everyone should cut as much "public time" out of their lives as possible to prevent an Italy situation....but I still recognize the statistical health risk to each individual is very low. Hang in there and try to rest up and let your body kick whatever it's dealing with.

Off topic I know but just need to vent a bit. I got sick today with symptoms that match. Called my doctor and it turns out my state is still one of the ones that won’t let you take the test unless you personally had foreign travel or contact with a confirmed case.

Very sad and irresponsible handling of our Government.

All, while I had received what I had thought to be helpful information, due to the sensitivity, I decided to delete my posts. While I though it interesting and perhaps the reader could decide if they found it useful or not, based on the tit for tat on these boards, I’ll reframe. It’s a shame really.

Last edited:
FWIW, Vegas is closing. Vegas, man. If that doesn't give you some scope of things...

For me it was Ireland curtailing St Patrick Day activities.

My in Laws are in Vegas. They dont go down to the strip much but I am glad to see this. It should cut down on tourist traffic. Which will be better for everyone.

I'm sorry. Just curious, how much substantiation did they want about you coming into contact with someone that's a confirmed case or traveled?

You are in my thoughts. Take care and try to remain positive, that really does help the immune system.

There are a limited number of test kits at this point, so lines have to be drawn. I know asymptomatic people who want to be tested for the heck of it.

The reason we have a limited number of kits is because our government blew it big time. BTW, asymptomatic people can spread this so that isnt a solely "for the heck of it", it would still be great data to have. If only we had the testing capabilities.

I've got a small suggestion: This thread is supposed to be for impact of DCL and cruise industry due to coronavirus. If you've got something to say about the cruise industry, fantastic. If you're just posting information about how terrible things are, please take it somewhere else.

Exactly. Many threads on the community board they could go to.

All, while I had received what I had thought to be helpful information, due to the sensitivity, I decided to delete my posts. While I though it interesting and perhaps the reader could decide if they found it useful or not, based on the tit for tat on these boards, I’ll reframe. It’s a shame really.

It seems the ability to private message you is turned off. I wanted to say that if this was a reaction to my reporting of your post, then I am very sorry. It wasnt my intent to make you feel slighted for trying to help.

I do find it very important that we try to stick with facts from verifiable news sources, which these days is harder and harder to tell. What was in your post had been shown as false. The original version was disavowed by the alleged source which was why it had switched to a more general source that could not negate it. A great source for those wishing to share things that might be helpful but are seemingly rumor ish is snopes dot com. A quick check will tell you if its something that has been disproved or is suspect.

scheduled to cruise May 9th----- was holding out hope ,not too sure now .Gotta wait and see. If Dinsey cruises, I cruise.

The reason we have a limited number of kits is because our government blew it big time. BTW, asymptomatic people can spread this so that isnt a solely "for the heck of it", it would still be great data to have. If only we had the testing capabilities.

Be that as it may, even as the testing capacities are increasing, they are still setting priorities, such as health-care workers, first responders, and the elderly. Decisions have to be made given that there's no way we would have had 330 million testing kits just sitting around waiting for a pandemic.

I work at a university. They have emptied the dorms and told students to do all classes remotely. The staff, however, are still expected to come in unless you have symptoms or are taking care of someone with symptoms. My husband just finished 9 weeks of cancer treatment, so I am terrified I will bring something home to him. I wish the dang school would just close for the two weeks so we can shutter in place! The stress and worry about all this and how the precautions are not overall, but just county by county or state to state is ridiculous. It's like picking at a scab -- they need to make a decision and have it be across the country and get it over with! Stepping off my soapbox now. :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter