Cot in rooms?

birmantaz

Mouseketeer
I posted yesterday about having 3 adults and 2 kids stay in POR with a trundle. If we stayed there my 83 yr old dad would have to share a double bed with someone. That is definently not a good setup. My 5 and 6 year olds hardly take up room, I was wondering, does Disney have cots available at all? If I could let my Dad have his own bed and the little ones on the trundle and a cot that would be great. Is there any hotel (other than values, I think those would be too big and noisy for my dad) that we could use a cot just to change the bed configuration? Thanks!:)

The issue you have is occupancy.

The trundle rooms at POR are available to parties of five. So are most deluxes. The FW cabins and the all-star suites I believe have an occupancy of six. More than that and you're looking at 2-br suites at DVC resorts. Kids over the age of three count in the occupancy count, so the POR is kind of your only option unless you want to pay more.

It's not that you couldn't pack an air mattress and pile the kids on the floor - it's that Disney will not allow you to book a room with an occupancy level lower than your party size.

None of the resorts offer cots, although last september at POR when my adult friend took the trundle (she's short) they did bring us all kinds of foam padding and extra blankets so she'd be comfortable - I suppose you could make a pallet for one of the kids with that? You can also bring air mattresses from home if that seems like a better idea, although with the floor space available in those POR trundle rooms when the trundle is pulled out, you may have a real problem fitting it anyplace other than a twin-size in the walkway between beds and tv (which is the direct route to the bathroom).

The OP has a family of 5 - I would imagine the dh/dw, the father and the 2 kids - they are clearly within the limits of the room. I have not yet stayed there but will be in November so I'm not sure of the spacing in the room but we have two rooms and the 2nd room will have 2 adults, 3 children and a baby so if there's room for a pack n' play for the baby, I would imagine there would be room for a small air mattress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter