Couple going to Jellyroll's - what night?

Razor Roman

<font color=blue>Make Roger Rabbit 2! <font color=
Hey Guys,

My fiancee and I are going to be in WDW from March 12 - March 19... what night of the week is the best time to go to Jellyroll's?

we have never been, been but if sounds like it would be right up our alley. I am very outgoing, love to sing, etc. My DF is much more reserved, but likes to see me have a good time. :love:

I'd like to go on a night when it's crowded enough to get lively, but not overly packed.

Any recommendations? (We will be there from Sat-Sat, so we can do any night of the week...)

That's a really good time, but can get fairly crowded with all the Cast Members!! Have been on Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights with Sunday being the quietest. It also depends on if there's any conventions going on at the Swan & Dolphin!!!

Karen (TLinden16 aka JellyrollsKaren) is the resident expert on Jellyrolls. Maybe she'll be able to give you more insight!!!

HTH!!! :cool:

Looks like it's time for the resident Jellyrolls expert to check in on this one ;) LOL.

As Barb said, Tuesday nights is cast member night, and it gets very crazy and crowded in there. It's a fun night to go (but then again, I find any night fun at Jellyrolls).

I find that Sunday and Mondays are the least quiet nights at Jellyrolls. Most nights, it picks up between 9:30 and 10:00 (possibly because people will watch Illuminations, and then head over to the bar). I've never been on a night when it doesn't get lively, but most nights the place empties out sometime between 12:00 and 12:30.

I highly recommend trying to catch Scotty and Ray if you can be flexible with the night you go. You can check out the schedule at www.thepianomen.com . The schedule usually comes out two weeks at a time, and will come out a day or two before the first date. Occassionally, they'll put a whole month up there. If you check in early March, hopefully you'll be able to see who is playing while you were there.

If you see Scotty, be sure to tell him Karen from Boston sent you!

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Karen

I'll second Karen's recommendation for Scotty and Ray, but I'll further that to add that if they'll be alternating with Tommy and Jason you'll get your best show. These four are by far the best entertainers at Jellyrolls. Drew and Christian just don't seem to have the same presence as the other guys. Last time I was there Scotty was off and I think Drew was playing with Ray and within about 5 minutes of their set starting the crowd had thinned by at least a third. It wasn't Ray...it was just that Drew had the personality of a damp washcloth. :(

PammyK said:
Last time I was there Scotty was off and I think Drew was playing with Ray and within about 5 minutes of their set starting the crowd had thinned by at least a third. It wasn't Ray...it was just that Drew had the personality of a damp washcloth. :(

Pammy, how is it that I've never heard you talk of Jellyrolls before. That is my exact sentiment on Drew. LOL.

But Pammy is right, if you can get a Scotty & Ray, and Tommy & Jason night, you'll have a blast.

As for Christian, he is quite talented, and is probably the most animated of all the piano players. I've watched his repotoire (how's that for butchering a word) improve in the past year and a half, but he is definitely held back by playing with Drew.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter