Courtney & An's DCL Wedding (Second Attempt)

XxsmortzxX

Mouseketeer
Hello all! :wave2:

It has been almost a year since I have posted, so I figured I would start a new thread (since my first one had been in the wrong forum to begin with).

Old thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2967672

Finally, An and I have returned to planning our wedding after postponing it. Last year we had attempted to have an onboard wedding on the Oct 12th sailing on the Fantasy. Unfortunately, at the same time I was picked up by the police department and started training that same month.

That being said, I am finally done with training and our new wedding is set!

Oct 11 - 18 Western Caribbean Cruise​

I will try to move most of the pictures from the old thread over but have already done a lot of the planning while at work.

On our last sailing, we had booked through the very wonderful Lisa Reese with Pixie and Pirate Destinations. (She is absolutely wonderful!) Unfortunately, because of my schedule, I didn't want to flake out on her a second time, so I have been doing most of the planning myself in case I needed a super quick Plan B. ( I am praying to every wedding god out there I won't need this... )

Since I attached the link to the earlier thread, I won't retype everything over again, but I will be re-posting some of the pictures, plus some new items that I have found & purchased for our wedding!

However, I do think there should be a more updated picture of us since the last one was quiet old.... Then I will disappear to work and return with more pictures!

_MG_8788.jpg

Like I mentioned above, I will try to move the pictures over and try to get new ones when able:

Dress
IMG950072_zpscbabe345.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG950069_zps9e526d03.jpg

Unfortunately, during my stressful training I found myself eating out a bit much during the small breaks we were given. We kept most of the wedding stuff at my parents house since our move and when I went home felt as if it was tighter than when I had last tried it out.

Let's just say since then I have been desperately trying to lose the weight I've eaten on! :scared:

Here are the shoes that I, thankfully, still fit in!

CAM00092_zpsb9ded3cf.jpg

Glad to see your back on the boards! is your wedding planned for 2014 or 2015? congratulations on the finishing the police academy and look forward to following your plans! :cool1:

Melissa

Wow it's so close Court!

I know she's been extremely swamped at work so I'll answer for her. We are sailing on the October 11, 2014 Fantasy. She has been on 9 Disney cruises.

So much to do still but this week is crucial because it's the reservation opening week. We'll be checking in online and hopefully securing desired Ressies.

Court - find a little time to update this. :banana:

Sorry! I definitely have been swamped at work! As my mother answered above, I've had the privilege of going on several Disney cruises but this will also be my first time on the new Fantasy!
I am trying to gather some more pictures for you all that I can post later tonight, until then I will just do a quick update.

My cake topper has arrived! I used Sophia's Workshop on Etsy (Ginger & Tim used her as well!) It looks awesome!

Additionally a coworker has decided to make themed Disney bags for my younger sister and maid of honor and so far they've come out wonderful! They are themed with their favorite characters!

Pictures to follow!

All right, so here is the wonderful caketopper...
I am a huge fan of Etsy as I believe almost everything on there can be customized and most of the shop owners are very passionate about their work. That being said, here is a link to Sophia's Workshop that did a wonderful job on this, she even included a little screen capture of how An proposed (via video game).

Link

Photo #1
caketop1_zpsa1fff075.jpg

Photo #2
caketop2_zps59c2956b.jpg

And also mentioned above... My coworker is also an Etsy Shopowner. She loves sewing projects and making bags. She's been working with me to do special totebags for my little sister, maid of honor, and myself with a little themed work.
My younger sister loves the Little Mermaid so she came up with this:
lilmermbag_zps1c4e67c3.jpg

She is also working on a Malecifent bag for my MOH and two more bags that I will post pictures of when they are finished.

Here is a link to her site as well.
Sew It Seams by Janelle

So, this week we have also worked on what we are going to do on the cruise.
Cozumel- Xel Ha & River Tubing
Grand Cayman - Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar Snorkel
Jamaica - A third party tour from Phil Lafayette (includes lunch, Dunn's Falls, and Calypso River Tubing)
Castaway Cay - We are hopefully getting a cabana for this day to relax on the beach!!!

On board I am hoping to score a Palo's brunch but I'm not sure which day to choose since I have no idea what day at sea our wedding will land on! :confused3
Also past cruises has gotten me addicted to the Rainforest Pass in the spa! I will have to indulge myself once again in this. Since getting those passes I have realized that while the water pressure in the staterooms isn't great, the water pressure in the spa locker room's are much better!

Usually before dinner I will go up there to shower & then hurry back to my stateroom to finish up!!
My mom and I are still working on getting everything collected for the welcome bags, but we have gotten a few items.
So far we have:
Mickey Beach Towels
Bubba Mugs
Door Magnets
(Also, An found some custom chopsticks that he enjoyed finding, so those are included.... if anyone in our group decided they wanted to eat with chopsticks... so we are including those in the welcome bags..)

We're also keeping our eyes out for travel size things like wet wipes, antibacterial hand sanitizer, and other items.... Pictures when I get that finished will be posted!!!

Joining! This cake topper is amazing, kind of what DF and I are looking for! And your proposal story is so darn cute!

Glad you can finally have your wedding, your plans seem really great so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter