COVID-19 travel contingency plan for Canadian

Yea, like, even if Canada cleans up its act, it's the US that really needs to step up its game! I cannot see our borders opening if the US is still in shambles. And why would anyone want to travel to/through there?

DH and I were just talking about that at lunch. Even if the border was opened back up in time for our June trip to NH, we wouldn't go. I really do wonder when the border will open up again though. I do have to say, I miss being able to ship stuff state side and be able to go pick it up.

Saving money on
Gas to and from work... (Insurance companies should be giving people rebates or discounts)....just an idea.
Saving money on lunches out,,,,,
Saving money on McDonald's Coffee and Muffin everyday
Saving Money on Hairdresser................................................................................................................................................................
View attachment 484049

Yes! We're saving a good $300 a month on gas, probably another $100 ish a month on eating out. Granted, we're probably spending an extra $200 on groceries, having DH home all day, every day, with his appetite, lol.

Stressful moments bring the best and the worst of human nature. Lots of paranoia too.

I am so sick and tired of the conspiracy theory posts. Every time I think I can no longer be shocked at how dumb people can be... whelp... there they go and surprise me!

DH and I were just talking about that at lunch. Even if the border was opened back up in time for our June trip to NH, we wouldn't go. I really do wonder when the border will open up again though.

I am so sick and tired of the conspiracy theory posts. Every time I think I can no longer be shocked at how dumb people can be... whelp... there they go and surprise me!
Yeah, we won't be going anywhere that will require an overnight stay in a hurry and to cross the border? Yeah a lot will need to change before that will happen.

The stuff that's floating around out there would be *almost* funny if the people who are sharing it weren't so deadly serious!

I am curious about the Caribbean and Mexico and if they are actively testing. I have been following Bahamas as we have our trip planned for this summer, but we are thinking it’s not going to happen.

I am curious about the Caribbean and Mexico and if they are actively testing. I have been following Bahamas as we have our trip planned for this summer, but we are thinking it’s not going to happen.
I'm not sure about the Caribbean but uhm, Mexico??? Yeah not so much
CBC News: Mexico, Science or Amulets?!
Even without a full understanding of Spanish i think you can get a very CLEAR idea of what they were telling their people earlier this month "One such ad, entitled "COVID-19 is not an emergency situation," exhorted Mexicans that "there is no need to cancel mass events," because: "Remember, the disease caused by coronavirus COVID-19 is not serious."

I'm not sure about the Caribbean but uhm, Mexico??? Yeah not so much
CBC News: Mexico, Science or Amulets?!
Even without a full understanding of Spanish i think you can get a very CLEAR idea of what they were telling their people earlier this month "One such ad, entitled "COVID-19 is not an emergency situation," exhorted Mexicans that "there is no need to cancel mass events," because: "Remember, the disease caused by coronavirus COVID-19 is not serious."
View attachment 484658

So....that Donald meme you just shared works really well here.... 🤦

DH and I were just talking about that at lunch. Even if the border was opened back up in time for our June trip to NH, we wouldn't go. I really do wonder when the border will open up again though. I do have to say, I miss being able to ship stuff state side and be able to go pick it up.
Yes, that one hurts. I had an order sitting my US drop as we were returning to Canada. They closed up on the Friday - we were due to pickup on Sunday. My C$125 order cost me an additional C$66 in taxes and fees to get shipped north to Canada. It was repair parts for my mom's broken mobility scooter; she's going crazy without it now that the snow is disappearing, so not expense too is too much :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter