Creepy face changing photo souvenir

Shelly888

DIS Veteran
I was thinking that maybe Haunted Mansion has one. I'm looking for one of those framed family portrait that look normal at one angle, but turn into skeletons at another angle.

Of your face? Memento Morie (sp?) does do them. But only 1 person, no family shots.

It doesn't have to be my face, I was thinking of one of those cheesy generic pictures that you might see in a random haunted house. I had no idea that could be done to my face. Where is she?

I found them...that is freaking SO cool :D I am so glad you told me about that because I'd likely never have known. It's 20/picture. I'm getting both my boys done.

I found them...that is freaking SO cool :D I am so glad you told me about that because I'd likely never have known. It's 20/picture. I'm getting both my boys done.

They also have really cool Haunted Mansion frames there too. I have one and it is really cool. Keep in mind that the process takes a little time to process your print, so if you are getting two pictures try to go when they're not too busy.

How long are you talking? Is it something that we can go back to pick up after the photo is snapped? Pretty clueless ;)

How long are you talking? Is it something that we can go back to pick up after the photo is snapped? Pretty clueless ;)

No, not that long, as long as they're not backed up. It takes around 8 or 10 minutes a picture, so if there was no line ahead of you it won't take too long. I don't think that they like you to leave them while the ghosts do their work. It is usually not crowded, but just don't try to get them done when you have an ADR in a few minutes or a FP+ window closing.

They also have really cool Haunted Mansion frames there too. I have one and it is really cool. Keep in mind that the process takes a little time to process your print, so if you are getting two pictures try to go when they're not too busy.
I have got to get one of the frames on my trip in a couple of weeks. I think we'll finally have enough room in the suitcase.
I got my pic done when they first opened but it's just in the holder and not on display. Sort of pointless

They don't do a great job at advertising about them, that's for sure. Just the little blub when the shop first opened. Even in the store it's not all that obvious unless you are paying good attention. So the good news is, there is rarely much of a back up for a pic

I have got to get one of the frames on my trip in a couple of weeks. I think we'll finally have enough room in the suitcase.
I got my pic done when they first opened but it's just in the holder and not on display. Sort of pointless

They were sold out of the frames the year I got mine done, but I got one on the following trip. It looks great!

Thank you so much for the info. Do you know if they give discount for AP holders? Do they have this in Disneyland too? My son goes to Disneyland every week and never mentioned about this photo opportunity.

Writing the info on my notes so I won't forget. 2 more days! :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info. Do you know if they give discount for AP holders? Do they have this in Disneyland too? My son goes to Disneyland every week and never mentioned about this photo opportunity.
Good question about DL. I didn't notice it when we were there but I wasn't looking either. I don't think they have a HM store though
We didn't have an AP when we did it

@AngiTN and @BrianL, thank you. It makes it more exciting if they don't offer something at DL. I can't wait to get one of this picture..too bad I didn't know about this past April when my other son was with me.

I'm always looking forward to founding something "unique" only to WDW. It was so hard to shop back in April because most of the stuff, we have it at Disneyland so we were trying to find something with "MK, Epcot, AK, and HS" to bring back home and it was kind of challenge.

I got one last year, it's now hanging up with my Halloween decorations. It's one of those really interesting, one of a kind souvenirs.

Ask to look at the picture before they convert it to make sure you like how the kids look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter