Critique My Disney Itenerary

Kermit_da_Frog

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

A friend and I are going to Disney in December. It is starting to become a tradition for me to take time off of my full-time work schedule and part-time school schedule to let off some steam in Orlando at the end of each semester. Below is our tentative schedule and reservations for a week at the Happiest Place on Earth. Any suggestions or modifications would be much appreciated!

Saturday, December 11:
-----------------------------
*10 hour drive to Disney
*Check into Pop Century
*Pick up season pass
*Head to DTD for shopping, food, and Pleasure Island

Sunday, December 12:
--------------------------
*Epcot - Front Portion (Future World)
*Spend lots of time checking out Innoventions since I never seem to have time to see this since there is so much to see at Epcot
*Dinner reservations at Le'Cellier

Monday, December 13:
---------------------------
*Universal Studios
*If the weather is unseasonably warm, replace Universal Studios with a water park

Tuesday, December 14:
*Animal Kingdom from 9am-1pm
*Back to hotel to relax
*5:00pm reservation at Liberty Tavern
*MVMCP at Magic Kingdom

Wednesday, December 15:
---------------------------------
*Day away from the parks
*Visit hotels to see Christmas decorations
*Catch a movie or relax at hotel
*Bomas for dinner
*Jellyrolls for evening entertainment

Thursday, December 16:
------------------------------
*Polynesian for breakfast (cream-cheese filled french toast)
*Epcot - Back Portion (World Show Case)
*Candlelight Processional - 6:45pm
*Candlelight Dinner - Marrakesh - 8:00pm
*Illuminations - 9:30pm

Friday, December 17:
-------------------------
*MGM Studios
*Mama Rosas / Fantasmic Dinner Package

Saturday, December 18:
*Park hopping fest!
*Epcot to hit Spaceship Earth and 1-2 other favorites
*Lunch at the Biergarten
*Off to Magic Kingdom to hit Pirates and Haunted Mansion!
*Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table
*Off to MGM for Osbourne Festival of Lights

Sunday, December 19:
---------------------------
*Magic Kingdom for a few hours
*Drive home

the season passes are only for Florida resident.

so where do you live in Fl that takes as long to get to Orlando as it does B'ham, Ala????

anyway back to your schedule looks good!!!

for EPcot be sure to ride Mission:Space and test track - yes I can understand checking out Innoventions - but believe me you don't want to miss these rides.

I also love the Norway ride!

I did that for years - working full time, going to school part time/full time - WDW is great for getting the stress out of this schedule.... That is one reason while I joined DVC. Now I can still go every year!!!

I also think PC (Pop) is a very cute resort! be sure to walk around its lake - a great stress releaser

Season passes are only for Florida residents? Where in God's name did you come up with that? I do not live in Florida and had no problems ordering a season pass. Disney offers season passes for sale on their website and they say nothing about having to be a Florida resident. I received my season pass in the mail a few weeks ago so not sure where you came up with this idea. I am such a WDW fanatic that it pays for me to get an annual pass instead of buying park hoppers ever time I go.

Kermit_da_Frog

There are special season passes for FL residents.
Annual passes are for anyone.

<B>spiceycat</B> - I'm with you! I was going to jump on here in your defense until I saw the clarification by <B>Kermit_da_Frog</B> that he really <I>meant</I> Annual Pass! :eek:

Yes - Seasonal passolders (Who indeed MUST be Florida residents!) usually refer to their pass as a "season pass." My mom has had one for <I>years</I>, while I've always had an <I>Annual Pass</I>. Unlike the season pass, the AP <I>is</I> available to everyone, but is a bit cheaper for FL residents than out-of-staters.

Good grief!

In Kermit's defense, any other park an annual pass would be called a season pass. He made a simple mistake!

The itinerary looks perfect! The only thing I'd do differant is not do the "mega park-hop" day on your last day before a 10 hour drive home, only because it would make me really tired. But that's just me, you may have tons of energy and do just fine.

Have a fantastic trip!

It sounds very relaxing ... even the mega park day! We usually go down for a 2-week stay and only go into the main parks 3 days. We always maximize our time and a visit to 3 parks in one day is nothing!!! The transportation between parks gives you a chance to rest the feet! LOL!

I think I would change my AK day - MVMCP can take alot out of you - and yes I see you have taken off the day after - but I need to rest Before the park as well as after - to get as much out of the party as possible!

If you go to US/IOA - I would pick IOA first - go early. and use their version of fast pass. remember the parking lot is $8 fee and you have a long walk to the parks.

I use to also go to WDW for my breaks - going to school and working full time - WDW is a great stress reliever!!!

Oh that is one reason why I brought DVC.

sorry about the confusion with the seaonsal passses.

most theme parks that tell seasonal passes - are seaonal passes The parks are closed part of the year.

annual passes are sold in Florida plus seasonal passes - because Florida has nice enough weather that most places (if there are crowds) are open all year long.

WDW gives a price break to their seasonal passholders - because they can only go in non-peak times. I really wish this pass was available to everyone.....

Oh Pop Century has a pool bar plus a lounge....

the only value resort to do this at WDW. the pool bar is very popular - the lounge not so much.

Having spent my childhood in part of the country that is seasonal where amusement parks are only open from Memorial Day until Labor Day, I have always referred to annual passes as seasonal passes. I did not realize that Disney distinguished between the two.

Thanks to those who have gotten the post back on topic. I enjoy peoples opinions and suggestions on how to maximize the time spent in Disney.

Thanks,

Kermit

Sounds like a plan!

I'll be there the week before you. Le Celleir & Marrakesh are my favorites in Epcot. :)

If you feel you must leave Disney for a day I reccomend the Islands of Adventure side of Universal. It is now seperated into two parks...

Also one day/night not in the park you might want to go to Disney Quest by House of Blues at DTD West Side,, it is like a 5 story Dave and Busters full of video games and some Disney exclusive VR games.. $29 admission and the games are free. They also have a couple of counter service resturants and a Cheese Cake Factory... I love the teramisu (SP?) cups.

Oh I didn't know the games were free after the $29 dollars! That make me feel so much better about spending some time there. That's awesome!

I am the person going with Kermit!! And I am up for the adventure.

He and I have done a whirlwind WDW adventure before.

Where we live we have a HOB so it is not a big thrill, at least for me... and we both have done Quest before - it was blast.

I am not going to Universal - I will spend my day relaxing at the World!!!

DizzKnee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter