Crocs in the Rain

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
We had a wonderful trip last month!! We did have a few days of rain, but at least it helped cool things off. One night at the Magic Kingdom, our tennis shoes got so wet that they were squishing.

I’m trying to come up with some lightweight shoes that we could carry in our backpacks on future trips that we could slip on if there is a downpour. Flip flops are out of the question since we have very flat feet that need good support......and we don’t want anything between our toes. Rain boots would be too bulky and heavy to carry for four people.

Would crocs fit the bill? I know they would be lightweight and offer us good support. But would they rub and cause blisters? Any thoughts?

actually Crocs flip flops are always in my backpack, I try once with the classic and it was a mess, the hold too much water inside. Have you try crocs flip flops?

Traditional Crocs are a bit bulky to carry around in my opinion. I would recommend Tevas. Nothing between your toes, some styles offer good support, and compact to carry in a bag. Also pretty comfortable.

DH bought some Crocs “Swiftwater Mesh” sandals in AK that he loves. Good support, dry quickly if they get wet. I wear Keens Whisper hiking sandals - same thing. We wear them all day but I also pack an extra pair in my luggage so I can swap them out every day. Very lightweight.

DH bought some Crocs “Swiftwater Mesh” sandals in AK that he loves. Good support, dry quickly if they get wet. I wear Keens Whisper hiking sandals - same thing. We wear them all day but I also pack an extra pair in my luggage so I can swap them out every day. Very lightweight.
yes the swiftwater shoes are great I have a pair and so does the hubby. Croc no long makes them but Famous Footwear was still selling them as of a few months ago when I bought a 2nd pair.

As an almost exclusively wearing crocs person I can tell you they do get slippery (inside) when they get wet. I have gotten blisters from them because my feet sweat, then slide and that causes blisters. Now I have extremely tender feet (only wear shoes when I have to) so it may be different for someone with tougher skin. To combat this, I cut moleskin for sandal type crocs - cut it and put it on the bottom of the shoe. For my flats I got cushioned inserts to put in them. I only do this when walking around the parks all day in the summer months. Never had an issue during cooler months.

yes the swiftwater shoes are great I have a pair and so does the hubby. Croc no long makes them but Famous Footwear was still selling them as of a few months ago when I bought a 2nd pair.

Yes, Amazon still has them (actually, we bought a new pair for DH right after I posted above!) and so do other retailers according to Google search. Guess they have a lot to sell out!

Thanks for all the replies! None of us like things between our toes, but I see that there are tons of options on Amazon.

Thanks everyone!

Don't like Crocs on wet surfaces. I was wearing them on the boardwalk early won morning right after they had hosed it down, it was slippery like ice.

Don't like Crocs on wet surfaces. I was wearing them on the boardwalk early won morning right after they had hosed it down, it was slippery like ice.

DH’s have treads - we just ordered new because they’ve worn down and are becoming slippery. I know what you mean though - I’ve had regular Crocs clogs that were slippery from the start.

I have Crocs sandals without a back and my only complain is that they get wet, they get slippery. Meaning it's not unusual for me to slip out of the sandal. If you do purchase Crocs make sure they have a back to hold your foot in place.

Try the Birkenstock Eva, they don’t get slippery like crocks and they have really good support. I used them earlier this year when I knew I was going on water rides and they did really well.

Yes, Amazon still has them (actually, we bought a new pair for DH right after I posted above!) and so do other retailers according to Google search. Guess they have a lot to sell out!
So strange that you can't find them on the Crocs site. Love them even in the rain they do not get slippery. I originally bought them as water shoes and wore them to see how I liked them and ended up wearing them as my everyday shoe. I now own 3 pairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter