Cross Stitch On a Pillow Help.

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. I was thinking about cross stitching thier initials on pillows, probably a travel size pillows, for my three neices for christmas. Also with maybe a frilly trim and maybe little jewles. My problem. I don't want a huge peice of white cross stitch for the whole front. :confused3
Where can I get ideas. If they turn out, and are cute I would want one for me, then my two DD's. I better start now.

You could use waste canvas. It's designed for stitching on shirts, but whould work on just about any fabric. So, pick your fabric, then task the waste canvas where you'd like the design to be. Stitch what you want. When you are done, you just pull the threads of the waste canvas off and your stitching is all that's left on the fabric. I know you used to be able to get waste canvas at Michaels, but I haven't looked in awhile so don't know if they still carry it.

Hope that helps!

Yes, I'd use waste canvas. It's easy to work with and you should be able to find it at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. The other idea might be to use a strip of the cross stitch trim you can buy by the yard. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head. But I think waste canvas would be my first choice.

Do you want it to be on little pillows or pillowcases? You might want to consider little pillowcases. Then they can be more easily washed. And you could probably buy the pillowcases and just stitch the design if you wanted to save time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter