Crossing the border at March Break ~ AM I INSANE??????

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! What are the borders like during March Break. I assume they are VERY busy! We would head down to WDW either Friday night or very very very early Saturday morning via Fort Erie and return two weeks later probably via Windsor. THANKS! S

Sandra, either we have been very, very lucky for our past two March Breaks, but we have had no problem/hold-ups crossing at Windsor, either way. That's crossing, via the bridge, on the Friday evening and back again the Sunday evening, a week later.

We went to Florida on March break several times in the 1990s. We never encountered any major waiting. We came back this year on the Civic Holiday. I thought it might be a bit more crowded, but we had no wait at all at Fort Erie. It's always good to be prepared to wait, but I think if you head out late Friday or early Saturday morning, you'll be fine.;)

We just crossed the border at Sarnia last month. While going into Canada was no problem, the lines going stateside were horrible. The traffic was backed up the entire length of the bride. It was so bad that we did our return drive to Winnipeg on the Canadian side. I think the US border patrols have really tightened up since 9/11.

E.Jane, we did notice that while crossing into the US for us on the Friday night was no problem, the traffic was backed up quite a way for those entering Canada. But on the way home, Sunday evening, we encountered no traffic problem at all. I thought maybe there was a lot of business traffic returning home to Canada on the Friday night.

We drove down for March break this year. We crossed at the Queenston/Lewiston bridge about 7:00 AM on Saturday morning encountering absolutely no delay. We returned on the following Sunday, around 3:00 PM, with a wait of maybe 10 minutes. Crossing at Queenston/Lewiston instead of the Peace Bridge, means an extra toll going accross Grand Island, but about the same travel time. We figured that the odds of a line-up were better going this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter