• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowd levels at Knott's in August

Runey

Mouseketeer
I'm doing a whirlwind tour of Disneyland in the middle of August this year... I've gone through my DL plan, with RideMax, and can just squeeze it all in with a day to spare... Gives us 2 full days for DL and 2 half days, with one left for Knott's...

I was hoping to spend a day at Knott's, but don't know how busy it will be... I was hoping to be there for opening and finish in time to have dinner at Mrs Knott's and head back to DL for the fireworks... So that would mean needing to be at DL by 8:30PM, so leaving Knott's by 8:00PM...

It's just two Adults who are reasonably fit, going on a weekday in the middle of August... Is this possible?

PS: Any idea how much a taxi between DL and Knott's would cost?

PPS: I've heard all the stories about how Knott's have changed and still want to go... I love my roller coasters :D If we get there and it's truly that bad, we'll just go back to DL... I'm from Australia so I'll take the risk :thumbsup2

Thanks in advance

During the week, Knott's Berry Farm is not as crowded as Disneyland. You might find kids roaming the park but it is not as bad as Disneyland during the week.

The distance from Disneyland to Knott's Berry Farm is less than 10 miles. It really is not that far at all. If you are lucky, the hotel you are staying at will have shuttle service to Knott's.

If you can change your Knott's plans a bit, it's usually slower in the evening, during the week, and Knott's also usually has a reduced price ticket which is believe is half the normal price if you enter after 4pm or so. Also, dinner at Mrs. Knott's can mean a long wait. I'd arrive at around 3pm and have an early dinner. Then go into the park and spend the evening there.

I'd rather not use shuttles, especially when I'm on a tight schedule... Rather pay the extra money ad use a taxi... Unless of course it's going to cost me and arm and a leg....

That's an interesting idea exDS vet... I'll give it some thought... I think the after 4PM ticket is $25 instead of $35... Still every dollar counts... It will give us 6 hours in the park...

I dont think you will have any problems with your plan. Knotts has things for two groups of visitors, little kids and big kids. If you dont have to hit the kiddie rides and are just going to do big kids stuff like coasters you can easily do this during the day, have dinner and head back to DL in time for FW. I dont know how much the cab will run but I would think no more than $20. Personally I would go with the shuttle idea and just make sure you get on with a little time to spare.

Thanks mshrm... Good to know I should be able to squeeze everything in :) I'll check out the shuttle situation too...

Thanks everyone

Knott's can be very busy in the summer because of all the local kids who have AP and hangout there. But midweek is definitely better than weekend. We have AP too, and don't usually go in the summer. As for Knott's being bad, it isn't. Of course, it's not as good as DL, but then what non-Disney park is? My DD6 loves Knott's and I've been going there since I was little-before they even charged admission! We've never had a problem there.

And yes, the fried chicken is good! We don't eat in the restaurant, we get our chicken next door at the take-out area and eat it outside. They have some tables not to far from there. If you do order it take-out, tell them you want the chicken fresh from the chicken-it makes a difference-and they will willingly do it. Why do we do it takeout-it's cheaper, of course and we can select just what we want. Personally I like chicken wings, mashed potatoes, and the biscuits.

Have a great time! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter