Crowd Outlook

Aluminum Falcon

DIS Veteran
With crowd levels being reported as shrinking, and Disney offering discounts through the summer. What does everyone think crowd levels will be through the end of the year. Similar to last year, less, or more in line with pre pandemic crowds?

With crowd levels being reported as shrinking, and Disney offering discounts through the summer. What does everyone think crowd levels will be through the end of the year. Similar to last year, less, or more in line with pre pandemic crowds?
We were at WDW earlier this week and Epcot was very crowded both days. Animal Kingdom Lodge seemed full as well.

I'm thinking less. I honestly don't think people have to money to travel right now. Even Universal is offering a ticket discount this summer. That so called "Unprecedented demand" has ended.

For me a big tell is when my local Cedar Fair park sold close to 1 million season passes this summer. That tells me many people in the Toronto area are opting to stay closer to home this summer.

I'm thinking less. I honestly don't think people have to money to travel right now. Even Universal is offering a ticket discount this summer. That so called "Unprecedented demand" has ended.

For me a big tell is when my local Cedar Fair park sold close to 1 million season passes this summer. That tells me many people in the Toronto area are opting to stay closer to home this summer.
Kind of what I've been thinking as well.

I agree, it is going to be less through the end of the year and beyond. Less than what it has been last 2 years, probably will get close to 2008/2009 but maybe not as low.

I agree that I think it's going to be less crowded. By the middle of this year most of the pent up urge to go to WDW will be spent and crowd levels will start dropping.

I also think a lot of people will wait to see if more of the restrictions are dropped. My sister and I will be more inclined to come back if they get rid of the park hopping restrictions.

I agree that I think it's going to be less crowded. By the middle of this year most of the pent up urge to go to WDW will be spent and crowd levels will start dropping.

I also think a lot of people will wait to see if more of the restrictions are dropped. My sister and I will be more inclined to come back if they get rid of the park hopping restrictions.

The pent up demand is gone already. People have been freely traveling now for over a year or more based on where.

Remains to be seen how Q3 and Q4 are for Disney Attendance, likely there’s somewhat of a downturn but as it stands attendance and occupancy are up for the current fiscal year.

Q1 FY23 Domestic Parks attendance up 11%, International up 13% vs Q1 FY22. Domestic Resort occupancy 88% Q1 FY23 vs 73% Q1 FY22, International 67% vs 52%.

Q2 FY23 Domestic attendance up 7%, International up more than 100% vs Q2 FY22. Domestic Resorts occupied 89% vs 84%, International 72% vs 46%

Remains to be seen how Q3 and Q4 are for Disney Attendance, likely there’s somewhat of a downturn but as it stands attendance and occupancy are up for the current fiscal year.

Q1 FY23 Domestic Parks attendance up 11%, International up 13% vs Q1 FY22. Domestic Resort occupancy 88% Q1 FY23 vs 73% Q1 FY22, International 67% vs 52%.

Q2 FY23 Domestic attendance up 7%, International up more than 100% vs Q2 FY22. Domestic Resorts occupied 89% vs 84%, International 72% vs 46%
I think the downturn is already started. Here is a few reports from people at the parks yesterday.

"Im here now and cant believe how empty it is. There was literally not one person on millenium falcon at 7 pm last night. I havent seen anything like this since the last recession over a decade ago. You do not need genie at any park"

"Can confirm this. I know people who walked on to Rise last night more than an hour before park close.

The afternoon Tron lottery is lasting hours, not seconds. Same with Guardians."

I think the downturn is already started. Here is a few reports from people at the parks yesterday.

"Im here now and cant believe how empty it is. There was literally not one person on millenium falcon at 7 pm last night. I havent seen anything like this since the last recession over a decade ago. You do not need genie at any park"

"Can confirm this. I know people who walked on to Rise last night more than an hour before park close.

The afternoon Tron lottery is lasting hours, not seconds. Same with Guardians."

I was just there and can confirm that crowds were pretty moderate. I wouldn't call them "low" but it was pleasant. There were high wait times in the height of the afternoon into the evening, but generally it wasn't bad. Rope Drop was spectacular! That early morning TRON VQ was still insane though - gone in a nanosecond!

Average attendance might be up, but park capacity is also higher--more meet and greets, more entertainment offerings. More restaurants open for more meal times. Those all have an impact on the "feels like" crowd , which is what most people ae reporting as experiences. That's in comparison to the the "how many people are there" crowd, which is what Disney reports in their financials.

There's also been a seasonal shift over the past few years that folks like Tom B. and TouringPlans have been talking about--increasing crowds in winter and early spring, with decreases in the late spring and summer.

Once Easter week was over crowds dropped more than they normally do. I have been checking wait times different times over the last few weeks and waits overall are nowhere near where they had been holding steady for the last year.

q3 started beg of april which mid april is when the drop started.

Once Easter week was over crowds dropped more than they normally do. I have been checking wait times different times over the last few weeks and waits overall are nowhere near where they had been holding steady for the last year.

q3 started beg of april which mid april is when the drop started.
Yeah, I acknowledged there’s likely a downturn, was just pointing out that for the year so far across all Disney Parks attendance is up.

Crowds have been dead this week compared to the same time last year when we were also here. We had genie + every day then, and only bought it Monday so far for Hollywood Studios for SDD. Didn't need it for anything else really.

It feels a lot hotter than last year.

Crowds have been dead this week compared to the same time last year when we were also here. We had genie + every day then, and only bought it Monday so far for Hollywood Studios for SDD. Didn't need it for anything else really.

It feels a lot hotter than last year.
Interesting. I wonder what the water parks looks like currently

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter