Crowds at gay days Anaheim

abminer

Mouseketeer
DP and I are WDW vets making our first trip to DLR this October for Gay Days. I've heard that October has become very popular out there. Just how bad should I expect crowds to be? We'll only have Fri-Sun since I've got to work on either end. I'm thinking we'll do the Friday night Halloween party and then get two-day park hoppers, but I'm afraid we won't be able to experience much if wait times will be crazy long.

We went to Gay Days for the first time last year and found the crowds at the Gay Day Specific park to be very high. I was quite surprised at the long wait times for rides. We spent a couple hours at the specified park for the day and then park hopped over to the other park and it was nearly empty with most rides being walk-on's. Much, much better.

It does get crowded, we spend more time eating, doing meets, pictures, the sing along, etc than on rides. But If you are interested in more of the rides I suggest doing the opposite of the daily agenda as the above poster mentioned. Try going to the opposite park and you will find lower crowds. Use the FP system and you will save some time. The holloween party crowds are usually pretty intense on that friday. But Sat night and Sunday afternoon die down a little due to Gay Days events going on else where and peoples traveling schedules.

Just have fun, stay hydrated and it will be a blast swimming in a sea of red shirts !

I'm planning to be at GCH with my wife and 5 y.o. daughter from Friday Oct 3 through Wed Oct 8 and starting my 5-day hopper pass on Saturday. I was wondering if I should go to the Halloween party on Friday night and start my Disneyland adventure early or go on Monday, Oct 6 to avoid the crowds.

Monday sounds like a better bet, but I can see taking advantage of the party and having almost six days in the parks by going in at 4pm on Friday and staying till late, but it isn't worth it if there's lines all over and slow moving crowds for trick or treating. I would do Friday if I was sans daughter (then again, I don't know if I would even be in Disneyland without child). If I don't go to the party on Friday, I'll be in Downtown Disney or at GCH for dinner where there will be crowds too so I don't know what's worse.

Any suggestions? TIA!

we were there last year at the begining of the halloween parties (and gay days). we weren't planning on going to the halloween party, and avoided the "official " park of the day for crowd reasons.

granted, it was our first time at DL, but we didn't notice huge crowds at all over 5 days. the one thing that is more important L weather.

the winds. if it is too windy, the special halloween fierworks will be cancelled. actually, postponed. it happend when we were there , and the next eveing was our DL day, and since they had the show all set up from the cancelled one the night before, we got to see the halloween fireworks!

so I guess I would wait and see what the weather report is whenI get there and decide based on that.

as a WDW vbeteran who know nothing about DL, the one thing I learned ontheses boards was "see the fireworks as soon as you can. they aren't offered every night and they get cancelled often due to winds."

Crowd Calendars on Isitpacked have the weekends as packed (as almost every weekend will be) but Friday the 3rd should be alright.

At least DL is open until midnight and DCA until 10pm for the weekend so more time to wait in lines! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter