Crowds in Late September vs. Early October 2019

poooh

Mouseketeer
Hello, all! I went to Disney the last week of this past September. The crowds felt a little heavier than January (when we normally go) but that didn't seem to affect our plans or wait times much. I was tentatively planning a September 2019 trip for the 23rd-28th. However, my new job blocks out vacation time during September so that derailed my plan. My next thought would be to do October 7th-12th, but I'm concerned about Columbus day crowds. Most crowd calendars show an increase moving into October, but is the increase enough to have any affect?

Or, does anyone have any other Fall 2019 date suggestions that might be better? Thank you!

Perhaps the very last week of August? It will be hot, but lots of people are back to school by then. I'd also recommend the first or 2nd week of november (whatever week isn't Jersey week! haha!). The XMas stuff goes up but it's not near as crowded as the back half of november! October is lovely... but i do think the crowds have gotten more intense over the years. Plus, there are so many parties to contend with regarding park hours.

We were there this last year from September 28th-October 7th. The crowds were there at times but very manageable. The last day we were there was the first day of Columbus day break and it was insane crazy. We waited an hour for potc because that was the shortest wait in the park. After that we went back to the room for a while. We had reservations at the castle at 8:30 so, we got back to mk about 6:30 it took almost an hour to get back in mk. We still had time before our reservation so we went to look in sir Mickey shop. We wound up getting shut in there because they started roping off for fireworks even though it was over an hour before fireworks started. People behind the castle were shoving and pushing to get up to the rope an hour before fireworks. We wound up saying we had a reservation and they let us through and we just waited in the walkway of the castle for like 30 minutes because the crowds were so crazy. I never thought it would be so crowded for Columbus day. I figured a little bit for locals coming out but it's just a 3 day weekend......who is loading up their whole family for 3 days????(not me i at least need 6 or more days) anyway come to find out from talking to people some schools have a 1-2 week fall break at this time. I watched the app wait times after we got back and wait times looked way higher for those next 2 weeks then we were there. After that they died off. If you can't do September i would at least wait until 2 weeks after Columbus day weekend.

We have been there the middle to end of October the last 3 years. while the crowds are not terrible, it certainly has gotten more crowded.
And all the nights the MK closes early for MNSSHP doesn't help. Of course, November has MVMCP instead, so same MK issues.

That week also includes Canadian thanksgiving. I would go a bit earlier. The last week of August if you can.

We are already booked for the 23rd-28th of September 2019.

Touring Plans has it at a "2-3-1-2-3-2-4" for those dates. Hopefully its in that ballpark!

We are already booked for the 23rd-28th of September 2019.

Touring Plans has it at a "2-3-1-2-3-2-4" for those dates. Hopefully its in that ballpark!

Somehow I managed to get special permission to take the last week of September off, so we're vacation twins now!

Thank you for everyone's help though. I know a bit more about crowds in October now and I'm sure that will come in handy in the future (although the trends keep switching up :snooty:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter