• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Crowds in October/Columbus Day??

Dannette

Earning My Ears
Our family has booked our first WDW visit the week of October the 12. I did not realize that the MOnday is Columbus Day. Are the crowds really large during this holdiay?? If so what park would you suggest we start with if we begin on the Sunday. Also has anyone purchased tickets thru Ticketmania?? I keep hoping that maybe an AT PAR deal for tickets will be offered before our trip. How long should I wait before purchasing our 5 day hopper passes. I have also noticed that the parks close early during our stay. Does anyone have any touring suggestions? We are staying offsite at the Radisson Resort Parkway and I booked thru Hotel Kingdom and received an upgrade to a poolview room for 68.50 a nite.

Dannette

Hi Dannette, I did a search for you and the Columbus Day weekend has had high attendance in the past with MK reaching capacity. It's hard to say what this year will be like with attendance in general down but I would think that it will still be very busy. The Canadian promotion for passes has been just for the 7DPHP, buy one get the second one at 1/2 price and expire end on April. You may be able to buy them before you go, keep checking with your local Disney store or travel agent for when they are available for purchase. If you want the 5 DPHs you can purchase them anytime and there is no expirey date on them. I don't know about purchasing tickets from Ticketmania here in Canada, but I've read that people in the US have been happy with them. Do a "search" and you will find lots of info here on the boards. I have been purchasing our 5 DPHs at the Walmart Travel in the Super Walmart at mile marker #14 on Hwy 192 down in Kissimmee for about a 5% discount. There is info at Mousesavers.com, look under Walt Disney World, Tickets and Passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter