Crowds (or lack of ) last night, Sept 8

nursemelis374

Mouseketeer
My friend and I decided to get a fix before we go to WDW on Saturday and went to DL for a couple of hours last night. We got there at about 6 and could not believe how not crowded it was. The longest line at our arrival was 25 minutes for Space and Roger Rabbit. Haunted and Pirates were walk ons and Splash was 20 minutes. I can't even believe how nice it must have been throughout the day.

One thing: It was cold and windy at night. This is completely different compared to 3 weeks ago when you could wear the same thing all day and night.

We are Leaving for DL on Monday, would you reccomend us wearin like pants all day? lol we are from AZ so.. lol we might freeze at like 60 degrees.. lol :) I hope the parks are like that when we go! that would be awesome!!

We are from AZ too and will be there in 16 days. 100 degrees is what we have been use too so 70 will seem cold!! LOL!! Should I dress the kids in longer pants and carry thin jackets/sweaters? :wizard:

3rd Arizonan here :) ! I always wore capris & brought a sweatshirt for later, I was fine as long as it didn't call for rain. The month we go is still up in the air so I have no idea what we'll need to plan for!

PS-Beleive it or not I got COLD today! ;)

I think you would be fine with shorts or capries and tanks or short sleeve shirts with a sweatshirt or jacket in the day. It has been in the mid to upper 80s in the day and the wind at DL at night is what really cools it off.

Have fun!

We went on Thurs nite for a few hours and it wasn't too crowded then either. It's nice to go back though since I never go during the summer after schools get out to until they get back in session. It didn't find it chilly though, I was wearing a short sleeved shirt when we got there at 4 and was fine when we left at 8.

We were at DLR the 6th-9th and we only got two fast passes the whole trip...both on Saturday, and both we "could" have done without....meaning the lines were only about 20-30 minutes for Buzz and Indy that we bypassed. It was quite nice, considering the longest line we had was for Splash at about 20 minutes in the late, hot afternoon on the 6th.

It was pretty chilly the night of the 8th, and I was quite relieved "Remember" went off with out a hitch because they were playing the whole "Due to high winds" announcement. Right before the fireworks, we were able to by-pass the 70 minute wait for Space Mt, thanks to a "free pass" our tour guide gave us.....it was a nice treat!

Wore capris and T-shirt today. Got there at 1:30 and it was warm. We left at 9:30 and it was not too chilly. It was colder in the restaurant we ate at for dinner! No crowds today either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter