CRT/PSB PS's (all gone)

Originally posted by Fridye
magicalmcwho --

It's very nice of you to offer these to your fellow Dis'ers. You didn't have to, and we certainly appreciate it!

BTW, I also live in Houston. Sometimes it feels like a small world.

Just wanted to say howdy as well--I'm in League City :)

Hey, y'all...I'm in H-town, too...out on the fringes, anyway. Northwest, in Copperfield.

I did the same thing. I booked two CRT dates, then left a message on the boards when I cancelled the "backup" date as a courtesy to fellow DISers who are trying to get a PS. That's southern hospitality, NOT selfishness.

I certainly wasn't trying to horde princess meals, I just wanted to make my family happy and make our trip as enjoyable as possible. :earsgirl:

It's a fun experience, but it really is just breakfast, folks. I guess that is easy for me to say, since we have been to CRT a few times, but I can't imaging being as stressed as some are about it if we had never been.

JMHO. Peace!

Jim,

I would be interested in the CRT on either day if it's available. Let me know....I am new to this board and not quite sure how to pm or anything....

Thanks,

I too agree that you are not being selfish at all. I was fortunate to get CRT for our first day, which was my first choice, then I booked PSB on another day. If I would not have gotten CRT on my first day, I would have tried everyday to get it on one of the two days I wanted. I then would have cancelled the others and posted on here just as you did. I think that is being very courteous to our fellow dis'ers and we should thank Jim for doing that. I'm sure those that got these cancellations are happy he did. So I thank you for posting even though I did not need them. Sometimes people just need something to complain about.

Have a magical trip magicalmcwho, and enjoy your princesses breakfast!!!

princess:

I agree this is not being selfish at all! We've done this before as well. We had 5 family members on phones calling every day for our week at WDW. This year we got lucky and got it the first morning- the morning we wanted. Only one person got a ps at all. Last year, we ended up with 3 ps- two for one day and one for another. Once we got the day we wanted, we promptly called back and cancelled the ones we didn't need. (sorry, I should've posted on here before I cancelled!) Anyway, point is, there is no reason to feel bad. You are getting up every morning and working to get the ps. Yes, it is luck of the phone dial as to who gets in. By calling every day, you are increasing your chances of getting in at least once and for the day you want. Others can do this as well- there is nothing wrong with it. It would be wrong to keep them all and only use one- hence the credit card deposit! Have a magical time!!!princess:

Hi sdwjones,

I live on the east side of H-town, not as nice as Copperfield but closer drive to WDW. lol.

Thanks for the comments, tink2 and 2lilprincesses.

Jim.:wave:

1happymom,

Just hit the pm button below my post to send me a message.
CRT for Dec 6 is taken, but the rest are still available.
Just let know.

Thanks Jim.:wave:

I wish they would expand CRT so there would be more tables available since most reservations are gone by 7:10.

I got up every morning and spent some serious cell phone minutes trying to get a reservation and was grateful to get two, the one earlier in the week was an awful time and day, while the other was just perfect.

Should I have settled for the terrible time and day or made the extra effort to get what was better for my family?

I sincerely appreciate you letting others know you were cancelling. I've been at the podium three times when families have walked up and checked for cancellations and there has been openings the next day.

Wasn't there a problem a few years ago when someone was making reservations and selling them and that is when they started getting a credit card deposit?

Thanks MaryKatesMom.

Wasn't there a problem a few years ago when someone was making reservations and selling them and that is when they started getting a credit card deposit?

I think this is true, also need to show photo id i believe.

Jim.:wave:

Jim,
Is December 7th still available? If so, I would LOVE it!!
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Michelle

I am going to speak up here for magicalmcwho. We were both making PS at the same time because we PM back and forth several times. When we were making our PS the phones were super busy with the hurricanes and then they were doing system update so they had 2 days worth of callers for CRT on one day. I tired the 1st day and did not get thru until sold out, 2nd day no luck posted here upset that I might not get CRT. Magicalmcwho, PM'd me and said that if I did not get CRT he had some he would cancel. Luckily I did get CRT on the 3rd try for my DD"s and Grandmothers. My husband will not be in town until the weekend so I also made another PS for when he can go and the Grandmothers are gone. I like others don't feel selfish because I want the grandmothers and my husband to have the experience. I think that if you are willing to get up early and if you luck out then who business is it. I so appreciate people who are willing to post here and give fellow Disers an opportunity. I canceled PS for LTT on MVMCP night and a fellow Diser was able to get it. Thank you for all the advice here. So thank you Jim.

Thanks disneyw/kids,

Thanks to all for the comments, below is what is left, I canceled the others friday.

I have CRT at (8:30 to 8:50 range cant remember) for 3 on Nov 30, also PSB for the same date/timeand number.

Sorry Paxtrist, how many was in your party?

Jim.

Hi Jim!
The November date will not work for me. We have a party of 5. I will just keep trying and hope that someone cancels Dec.5-11.
Thanks for offering us your reservation times, it's very thoughtful.

Through the pat few months I have been planning this trip, the members on this board have seemed like newly found friends. It's a shame that there are a few that are so critical. Perhaps their mother never told them the saying, "If you can't say anything nice...." Posting cancellations on this board gives others here, first, an opportunity to get that reservation. I guess one nasty post may pevent others from offering other dis-board readers (and newly found friends) an opportunity to get that reservation. These boards have been overwhelmingly positive, encouraging, and just plain fun! I hope they will continue to be a source of comraderie, not contention.

I have been up every morning for the last month trying to get a PS for 3 (my twin daughters 4th birthday) for December 7 or 8th.
Any left? I just saw this post.
Thanks
Kathy

Greetings!
Hellooothere, did you get that ps? I just cancelled one for the Princess Storybook Breakfast for12/2 at 8:30, and a CRT on 12/8 at 9.35. I hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter