Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Plaza would be a great place for Disney to take advantage of smaller crowds and set up some outdoor dining. They could easily close off the walkway in front of the restaurant and set up outdoor seating. It would still be a lovely view of the castle and be a nice experience.
I agree and it seems like they could get creative with some other spots around the parks as well - maybe block off a small area near Liberty Tree Tavern in MK, Yak and Yeti in DAK, the patio area near Brown Derby that used to be for Starring Rolls Bakery, etc. I don’t think Florida is shutting down in any real way again but I could see a roll back on indoor dining again if cases don’t go down soon (even just a capacity limit) so Disney should be prepping for that. Lots of restaurants where I am are offering outdoor dining in creative ways that they never did before.

@yulilin3 - I’m sorry, I think you’ve posted this before, but I lost it. Would you mind sharing what parks you’ll be at when for your livestreams this week and next?

I agree about being much more comfortable with outdoor dining than indoor dining. So when you make an ADR, there is no way for you say you want to sit outdoors verses indoor. So I guess when you show up for your ADR, you just let them know that you want to sit outdoors and then just wait if all outdoor tables are full. What do you think will happen if outdoor dining becomes a very popular choice and it backs up alot?
I was wondering about this as well! I wish there was a way you could request patio dining when making your dining reservation. Or maybe there is a way and I'm just not aware?

I know that I would actually be in a different ride line while waiting for the virtual ride time. We have a trip coming up on July 24th and Sept. 2nd travelling from Michigan. I am waiting to see how things go and how the lines are when they open to make a final decision on cancelling or not. We never wait any longer than 1/2 hour or so for a ride. I have always had a fast pass for the "big rides" when we go or went for rope drop, emh, emm, dah to avoid the long waits. We have already had to cancel two trips due tot park closure and are so excited to see Galaxy's Edge (Huge Star Wars fans, just missed opening last year), but if lines are 2 hours, I will cancel and we will go another time.

And that's kind of the thing that we joke about...half joke, half truth anyway...Disney has trained us. Disney has conditioned us. And now, they are expecting flexibility out of the very people they have conditioned to be methodical. If it weren't so true, it would be funny.

I think the one trouble I foresee are that the people who are coming back to the parks (for the most part) are not the people who wait in standby lines. They are the FP or bust people. They are the walkon or bust people. They are the EMH/EMM people. They are the ropedrop then back to our resort when things get busy people. They are the "We'll just hop to another park if things seem crazy people." These are the people with such a deep passion for Disney, they long for the nostalgia.

There is also the DVC and AP component of it where....this isn't a once in a lifetime thing. They are going to be back another day. So, they are more likely to just...stroll down Main Street, go into the shops, and enjoy "just being," rather than wait in line for an hour for Small World. Or 2 hours for Splash Mountain.

Like I said....for the most part. Not everyone will be a certain way. But, I think a large majority of the people coming back to the parks are non-standby people. So, how the two dichotomies will reconcile will be interesting to see.

I agree about being much more comfortable with outdoor dining than indoor dining. So when you make an ADR, there is no way for you say you want to sit outdoors verses indoor. So I guess when you show up for your ADR, you just let them know that you want to sit outdoors and then just wait if all outdoor tables are full. What do you think will happen if outdoor dining becomes a very popular choice and it backs up alot?
That’s the thing. Just because a restaurant has some outdoor tables doesn’t mean any will be available for you. If outdoor dining is essential, it may be better to stick with QS.

That’s the thing. Just because a restaurant has some outdoor tables doesn’t mean any will be available for you. If outdoor dining is essential, it may be better to stick with QS.
This is a great point. I'm trying to be open and if I am unable to get patio seating at restaurants, then I will explore more QS options. There are some great QS locations!

View attachment 506554

Another update from the same poster at WDWmagic. It certainly doesn't feel like a magical place to be at all right now.
I think it depends on your viewpoint. When I read this I thought “nice to see they are taking reasonable precautions.” It made me feel more confident that the chairs will be clean if I was to sit down on them and that they thought ahead to how to run the slides in a safer fashion.

We're staying at Kidani July 23-27 and we spend a lot of time at the Maji Pool Bar. Does anyone know if these lines applied to the bar areas as well, or if you're just going to the bar, can you get in that back entrance?
Especially with Maji as the only QS option open...

The problem is the projections are so good everyone wants to be in front of the castle. With wishes it did not seems as necessary to be in front of the castle so it helped spread the crowds out. If HEA wasn’t as good as it is I wouldn’t put up with the madness for sure.

I guess I’m different then most...

I look forward for the day when I can put my arms on all of your shoulders, especially my wife and daughters and my parents- all locked in, all without masks and enjoy the whole freakin’ show. I can’t wait to waddle out of Main Street in a huge crowd, without worrying about Covid-19, in fact I’ll never look at a mass gathering again after this is over.
l’ll have the same vibes entering and leaving Lincoln Financial Field or Citizen Banks Park.

But all of that, feels like the point of HEA song itself, especially now.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, Geyser Point Bar and Grill is open at WL and is open air. Not sure what the rules are accessing it right now.
Thanks! I hadn't considered Geyser Point! I will look in to it. I'm trying to get it all figured out today so we have a plan as we are 8 days away!

This is a great point. I'm trying to be open and if I am unable to get patio seating at restaurants, then I will explore more QS options. There are some great QS locations!
But what of the reservation deposit? If you show up and decide to eat elsewhere, does Disney charge you $35.00?

I meant the reliability. Did time and some rest help? Will snacks and Chewy make some sort of distanced appearance? What happens when the queue needs to be dumped?

Unfortunately I seriously doubt theyve been running it enough to have those issues worked out. Should be interesting how they disperse guests when it breaks down. Luckily this isn’t 2 years ago where there was really nothing to do at the park. If/when the ride breaks down, there’s enough around DHS to do for those guests

And 15000+ yesterday,but man that Florida Governor did a great thing by working to open Disney. Now people can come visit and take this crap all over the country. Hopefully other states start mandatory quarantine from a Florida visit to make it a little inconvenient. Buy I'm sure the Moderator will pull my comment because you can't state you option anywhere.
Hilarious.

If that was the case this thread would’ve been closed months ago.

Last edited:
I guess I’m different then most...

I look forward for the day when I can put my arms on all of your shoulders, especially my wife and daughters and my parents- all locked in, all without masks and enjoy the whole freakin’ show. I can’t wait to waddle out of Main Street in a huge crowd, without worrying about Covid-19, in fact I’ll never look at a mass gathering again after this is over.
l’ll have the same vibes entering and leaving Lincoln Financial Field or Citizen Banks Park.

But all of that, feels like the point of HEA song itself, especially now.
I look forward to complaining about Karen holding her iPad Over her head to video HEA. Then I will feel like things are back normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter