Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think I understand the allure of MaxPass. MaxPass keeps you from having to go to the attractions to get a physical FastPass. But....we already have that at World....what would MaxPass make better?

Per another site:

MaxPass is now available at Disneyland Resort. Think of this as a modified version of the My Disney Experience app from Walt Disney World, but with fewer options and a $20/person per day cost.

So....can someone explain to me how MaxPass is better than WDW's FP?

I really don't think I understand the allure of MaxPass. MaxPass keeps you from having to go to the attractions to get a physical FastPass. But....we already have that at World....what would MaxPass make better?

Per another site:

MaxPass is now available at Disneyland Resort. Think of this as a modified version of the My Disney Experience app from Walt Disney World, but with fewer options and a $20/person per day cost.

MaxPass is just a digital paper FP system. So with that you wouldn’t have to book 60 days in advance and all that stuff.

Per another site:

With maxpass there is no limit to how many fastpasses you can hold at once. Also the times of your fastpasses can overlap. The limit is that you have to wait between choosing your next one and if you already have one to a certain ride,
You can’t book another for that same ride until you use it.

Last edited:
Hilarious.

If that was the case this thread would’ve been closed months ago.
Just saying. I had a comment that someone took off, not sure if it was you or another moderator, but had some facts in the quote. Nothing that was negative or prohibited.

Just saying. I had a comment that someone took off, not sure if it was you or another moderator, but had some facts in the quote. Nothing that was negative or prohibited.
Facts does not mean it isn’t off topic. Also as a reminder for everyone when quoting someone your post may be removed because the quoted post was removed.

Last edited:
Where can I read about the cost of fast passes for those 2 Disney parks?

Just curious to see what the cost could possibly be here.

I don’t think it will be that bad. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. I don’t like the current system and trust me, I know how to work it. I just think there has to be a better way.
While I am all for a new system (though, admittedly, I worked well under the old one), I for one will NOT give Disney the benefit of the doubt. Costs have been escalating exponentially for years, with less guest value being the result. A paid pass system is just one more opportunity for them to cash in.

Remember real EMH for each park every day? Where you chose what park you wanted to go to in order to enter an hour early because you were staying on property?

Remember when the DDP actually saved you a bit of money, and included app, entree, desert AND tip?

Remember when park hoppers were included and water parks and other perks were tacked on?

Now they replaced all that with every upcharge "extra" under the sun: extra hours "events" cost money (aside from the scheduled one or two parks per day), food prices have increased just to justify the absurdly high cost of DDP, and tickets have 100 upgrades.

I do not want to sound like the "get off my lawn" guy, but perhaps they should start getting back to the customer service that MADE them.

We visited AK kidani for lunch at Saana today. The security check was a joke. They just had me flash them my license, no magic band check to confirm I had a dining reservation. The tables at Saana were well spaced out and we had a wonderful lunch. The lobby was not busy at all and neither was the animal lookout. Our waitress said that its been busier for dinner than lunch and that next week when the parks open back up they have a large amount of dinner reservations when the parks close. We had such a nice Disney getaway I’m excited for everyone else who has upcoming reservations.
This is interesting because i did not have my mb scanned either, at CR or Poly or BC, they just asked if i had a reservation and to see my license.

People have been sure FP would become pay to play for years. I’m not saying it won’t, But I’ll believe it when I see it.

I can see under certain circumstances where I’d gladly pay for a FP. I’m game for anything that gives me easier access to FP’s, shorter waits and a better experience.

One bundle of rides costs about $100.

Unsurprising, but ew. I would consider the club level $50 for 3 (with minimums and a club level stay) as the absolute lowest we will ever see paid FP at WDW. Just buying it a la carte without committing to 3 days and a club level stay, that sounds about right.

Count us out. 😬

While I am all for a new system (though, admittedly, I worked well under the old one), I for one will NOT give Disney the benefit of the doubt. Costs have been escalating exponentially for years, with less guest value being the result. A paid pass system is just one more opportunity for them to cash in.

Remember real EMH for each park every day? Where you chose what park you wanted to go to in order to enter an hour early because you were staying on property?

Remember when the DDP actually saved you a bit of money, and included app, entree, desert AND tip?

Remember when park hoppers were included and water parks and other perks were tacked on?

Now they replaced all that with every upcharge "extra" under the sun: extra hours "events" cost money (aside from the scheduled one or two parks per day), food prices have increased just to justify the absurdly high cost of DDP, and tickets have 100 upgrades.

I do not want to sound like the "get off my lawn" guy, but perhaps they should start getting back to the customer service that MADE them.

You can rage all you want about it. They are going to do what they are going to do. It's up to you if you want to keep giving them money. :confused3

People have been posting like this forever and yet they are still here, ticker in signature, going multiple times a year.

We have been saying these exact things for years. Our kids are grown and nearly flown at this point and we have already said that after 30 years of at least yearly (usually more) family trips and on and off again APs, we need a Disney "break". Prices have escalated and value has decreased. We have our first grandbaby on the way and we know we will want to experience Disney with him/her when the time is right but after our APs expire (whenever they will expire after the extensions), we are taking a break. It's bittersweet and we will look forward to seeing many new things when we return. I really believe Walt would be sad at some of what Disney has become (certainly not all though).

People have been sure FP would become pay to play for years. I’m not saying it won’t, But I’ll believe it when I see it.

I can see under certain circumstances where I’d gladly pay for a FP. I’m game for anything that gives me easier access to FP’s, shorter waits and a better experience.
Now with them discontinued for the time being they can bring it back this way.

You can rage all you want about it. They are going to do what they are going to do. It's up to you if you want to keep giving them money. :confused3

People have been posting like this forever and yet they are still here, ticker in signature, going multiple times a year.
We go multiple times a year for years. For us rides have slid down the list of must do. There is so much more at the parks and resorts and once my kids became teenagers, rides were less important. They still go on rides just not all day long.
Now shopping is important lol.
If they charge to enter shops ! Then I would rebel 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter