Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think theres a chance if you still decide to go next year, depending on when. A lot of “on the fence” people will probably decide to make their trip around Sep-Nov 2021 for the 50th festivities. So if you wind up going early in the year, theres a chance its still not crowded. Not as empty as this past week, but still more than tolerable. CoA might go from very long lines to unbearably long lines. But FoP will be a 5 min wait forever now

I don’t even want to go if we’re going to have to skip Carpets of Aladdin. Maybe they’ll add it to the virtual queues.

I definitely think its a shock seeing the parks so low. Not necessarily in a bad way to me, just different. In my opinion if someone was planning a once in a lifetime or long time trip this would not be the time to go. With so many of the "normal" experiences that are not running (and I do love seeing a lot of people in the parks too....just not the wait times) it's probably not going to be quite as magical to someone who really is used to coming every few years or once in a lifetime.

People have been dreaming of empty parks and popular attractions being walk ons since the 90s, and now we’re getting it and people still arent satisfied. Yes, it could be a better situation where, you know, theres no inherent risk of a deadly virus to enjoying the empty parks, but they’re open, and empty for those that can, or want to enjoy it.

People have been dreaming of empty parks and popular attractions being walk ons since the 90s, and now we’re getting it and people still arent satisfied. Yes, it could be a better situation where, you know, theres no inherent risk of a deadly virus to enjoying the empty parks, but they’re open, and empty for those that can, or want to enjoy it.

This. Every other thread used to be about crowd levels. Now people think the parks are too empty.

I totally agree. For us we know going in that its going to be a different experience than the past but Disney is Disney to us and they always will have that magic. We will enjoy it however we can and make it a great trip.

I agree. I mean I have some ambivalence about "being excited" that the parks are so empty given the terrible reason why, but I don't get complaining that they are "too empty."

As long as a park wasn’t creepy levels of empty where you didn’t actually encounter other people, I’d like to think I would have no issue with extremely low crowds.

My favourite moments in the parks are at night when they clear out, and you get to walk out just listening to the background music and not bumping into other people. ADRs near closing were great. The old EMH that went super late (like 2-3 AM) we’re so good for that too.

Okay, check mark on the popcorn question, thank you :)!

And second: Does anyone know whether we have to present our receipts for the refillable mugs each time we would like the CM to fill them up, or can they just scan the mug themselves on the RFID platform to verify validity before filling them? I’m wondering if I can even just keep a picture on my phone of the receipt once we purchase them on arrival.
From what I am seeing at the Polynesian, Disney is very loose with the refills. I have placed three orders at Captain Cook’s. The drink station CM never looks at the receipt.

Those with mugs simply show the mug. If it is a current design, the CM fills a paper cup with the guest’s beverage of choice. No RFID seems to be in play.

This. Every other thread used to be about crowd levels. Now people think the parks are too empty.

I've never complained about crowds! :p

I think I'm one of the only posters who thinks this would be too empty for our (myself and Micky) liking, but that's just our personal preference. Not like we would cancel over it though.

I agree. I mean I have some ambivalence about "being excited" that the parks are so empty given the terrible reason why, but I don't get complaining that they are "too empty."

I think it's too empty for our tastes. I've never really complained about crowds, I've never experienced very large crowds. We normally go in October and I never understood when everyone would say it was so crowded! Not to us!
For us, we like the buzz of people, the noise and the excitement. Just seems like it's missing a bit.

I get that my feelings aren't everyone's.
:)

I know it's been said already but the heat is DANGEROUS, like seriously listen to your body and do everything you can to not dehydrate

It makes me wonder if one positive thing about masks is if they make you more aware of your body and better able to listen to it. The extreme heat of Florida in the summer is brutal regardless, but I wonder if masks actually help people realize their limits more and prevent them from pushing too hard.

Is WDW advertising they are selling day tickets? Or marketing to walk up crowds? I purely think it's a function of being available for those who show up at the gate without realizing what's what anymore.

I was thinking it's them saying you're extra special and look what we just found for you behind curtain #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter