Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what they’re allocating the SSE, festival pavilion, Mary Poppins, Primeval Whirl, Stitch, and Festival of light budget for.

"Rivers of Light" shuts down at AK and folks are beginning to forget the name - but maybe not this badly yet. Already some of you aren't sure if it was officially called "Rivers of Light", "River of Lights" or "Rivers of Lights". In a few years someone will ask "What was that seating area at AK used for?" and you'll see all these answers.

"Rivers of Light" shuts down at AK and folks are beginning to forget the name - but maybe not this badly yet. Already some of you aren't sure if it was officially called "Rivers of Light", "River of Lights" or "Rivers of Lights". In a few years someone will ask "What was that seating area at AK used for?" and you'll see all these answers.

River of Lion King, Festival of Light. Its all the same

We took the boat over from the Contemporary to Whispering Canyon for breakfast this week.

Thank you for posting this! I'm staying at wilderness Lodge, and wanted to go to chef Mickey's for breakfast, but I didn't know if the boat would be running!

In that scenario, I still feel it would be very unlikely they would spread it at Disney based on all the previously mentioned reasons about how Disney is running. I don’t see it as Disney’s fault if the guest is lax and spreads it back home based on getting it at SeaWorld.
Disagree.

Even excluding other theme parks, people are being encouraged into other risky scenarios like being on a plane because disney is open. Disney shares some responsibility for that.

Just back from Epcot. Quick report.
Arrived at toll at 10:10, they opened at 10:15 parked in first row and walked right into the park, the attractions were not open but people were free to start queueing (people did for SE)
I walked over to FEA and got there just as 11am struck. About a 10 min wait, got a boat to myself, walked to GFT, walk on, then walked around World showcase, caught the "sad" cavalcade of Goofy Pluto, Minnie and Mickey, the music is just blah, not upbeat like at MK, every pavilion has at least one store open except China which has none. You can go into the China movie building and sit down and relax with our mask on, the other relax zone is by Mission Space (old smoking section) and Akerush.
Mary Poppins was at the UK Gazebo drinking tea, super cute set up
Made it to World Showplace just in time as the storm hit. This was rather busy but not crowded. Plenty of table with chairs and high bar tables are distanced, along with the kiosk they had a pianist (seemed like the same guy fro GF) playing every 30 min, very relaxing and nice. Got all my favorites, Kiebalsa, spanakopita, fisherman pie, beer mule, charcuterie and cheese plate and frozen smores with vodka. The lines in here were a bit long but it's because they only had one register open per booth
walked on to Figment and Living with the Land, the Land pavilion was sooo empty. Then walked on to Spaceship Earth and finished at MouseGears.
The wall situation is cray you basically have to just circle all around, WS felt dead without the entertainment and many CP CM, they are operating that section with the bear minimum
Saw 0 photopass photographers
Came back home and booked a room at Pop for $89 to be able to go to DHS for SWGE anniversary 8/29, booked my park reservations without issues even though I have 3 reservations already booked with my ap, so they fixed that
Any questions lmk

Btw, I'll add to my day, got to ride MMRR for first time. Even though I'm a 32 year old male, I'll say the ride is super cute. I never got to go on Great Movie Ride so can't compare. I loved every second of it. It was probably the must "fun" i've had on a ride. It's not thrilling, it's not exciting, it's not immersive like Rise of the Resistance. But I had a big ol smile the whole time and was really enjoying the technology they put into the ride, and the CMs that work it inside, seem to really enjoy it, some of the most enthusiastic CMs i've seen on a ride. They were just having a grand ol time

They weren't doing the preshow, so I don't know what the adds (I'll watch it on youtube)

There continues to be good availability in the Park pass calendar for APs through July (except for DHS). Every single day has the other 3 parks available, even several days after it was announced more spots would be open. I am still confused as to why there is this much availability, unless there are truly far more local APs who are holding off for now than I expected there to be (me being one)
View attachment 511490
I think a lot of the local APs are blocked until August (like I am). I expect the number of APs at the parks to pick up once the lower tier passes can get in.

In that scenario, I still feel it would be very unlikely they would spread it at Disney based on all the previously mentioned reasons about how Disney is running. I don’t see it as Disney’s fault if the guest is lax and spreads it back home based on getting it at SeaWorld.

This is such a false sense of security. Disney is doing what they can. Lots of measures, which are great. But you’re still touching shared surfaces before they can be cleaned, eating in restaurants without a mask on, using public restrooms, not to mention people sneaking them off on rides, and and and ...

Disney is doing what they can, but there is plenty of opportunity to pick it up on property if someone has it.

Last edited:
Arrived at toll at 10:10, they opened at 10:15 parked in first row and walked right into the park, the attractions were not open but people were free to start queueing (people did for SE)
I walked over to FEA and got there just as 11am struck. About a 10 min wait, got a boat to myself, walked to GFT, walk on, then walked around World showcase, caught the "sad" cavalcade of Goofy Pluto, Minnie and Mickey, the music is just blah, not upbeat like at MK, every pavilion has at least one store open except China which has none. You can go into the China movie building and sit down and relax with our mask on, the other relax zone is by Mission Space (old smoking section) and Akerush.
Made it to World Showplace just in time as the storm hit. This was rather busy but not crowded. Plenty of table with chairs and high bar tables are distanced, along with the kiosk they had a pianist (seemed like the same guy fro GF) playing every 30 min, very relaxing and nice. Got all my favorites, Kiebalsa, spanakopita, fisherman pie, beer mule, charcuterie and cheese plate and frozen smores with vodka. The lines in here were a bit long but it's because they only had one register open per booth
walked on to Figment and Living with the Land, the Land pavilion was sooo empty. Then walked on to Spaceship Earth and finished at MouseGears.
The wall situation is cray you basically have to just circle all around, WS felt dead without the entertainment and many CP CM, they are operating that section with the bear minimum
Came back home and booked a room at Pop for $89 to be able to go to DHS for SWGE anniversary 8/29, booked my park reservations without issues even though I have 3 reservations already booked with my ap, so they fixed that
Any questions lmk
Thank you for the info! Could you tell if many of the restaurants were still closed?

Any questions lmk
Epcot is the only park where I felt a little sad. The other parks have been great.

I've been having a great Saturday watching videos!

I will tell you the number one thing I have learned from watching videos and being out in the heat here at home - the disposable medical masks are the way to go!

I had some blue, but ordered a box of pink ones for wearing at the zoo, botanical gardens, etc. here and in case we still need them next May at Disney! My fun patterned cotton masks and my pretty chiffon masks will be for cooler weather and indoors (work, restaurants, etc.).
:)

Thank you for the info! Could you tell if many of the restaurants were still closed?
I didn't pay close attention, I saw Mexico QS open and serving, China was closed, Refreshment outpost was open, didn't go into the Italy pavilion, Smokehouse at American Adventure was open, Morroco Tangeirine was open and Spice Table, France bakery and ice cream was open didn't notice the rest sorry
Sunshine Season was extremely limited menu

It seems the way to do DHS right now is to get in the park before 10, try to get a BG, hit attractions until around noon, get lunch in the park, try to get a BG at 1, take a extended break from the park, get back just before 4 to try to get BG and then take advantage of the much shorter wait times the last couple hours the park is open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter