Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we want to go and then again in 2023 for new stuff!
We don't care about the night-time shows. I was okay with how it is now.

We'll see. I'm sure it will work out. :)

HEA is the criteria of normalcy was my point.

Rooting hard for your May trip to work out!

I think the change in hours is due to demand.

But, I also think this could be opening a slight possibility that the Christmas Party will be happening.

Cutting the hours in all the parks and specifically at 6 pm in MK allows them to budget the same labor costs for an upcharge event.
I cannot imagine this has anything to do with the Xmas Parties. Disney is cutting back, not throwing money at things that might make money or might not.

I don't see how this is going to "bring back the customers"....people booking through to early next year are going to see these hours, the prices and say get lost!
I agree.

Chapek is complaining the other day the demand is not there.

Having parks close at 5pm and 7pm during holiday time, when people go to the parks at night just for the atmosphere, to me, shows me they dont want people there. I understand the demand is not there RIGHT NOW but so much can change between now and then and they shouldnt put all their eggs in one basket. Maybe they will extend it during Holiday time. Who knows.

Who's the genius that decided to close earlier instead of opening later?
I'd like to hear their reasoning for that.
You’re making too much sense! I would have been having a TS breakfast before going to the parks and then dining in one of the in-park restaurants before closing if they opened later and closed later.

Now, it will be bagels and coffee in the villa before rope drop, a quick snack midday, and then dinner and drinks in the villa (because I am not going near DS), followed by more drinks and family game night since nothing is open past 7 PM.

Exactly. And even if they did parties, what crazy price would they have to charge to make it profitable with current likely attendance numbers???
Yep. The safest choice money wise is no parties. The next safest choice is to put no money into the parties yet but wait to officially announce it until they absolutely have to in case a miracle happens I guess.

Saw on a FB group someone from January 2021 had their Beach Club reservation upgraded to a villa due to it still being closed. In the comments people are saying they have seen as late as summer 2021 get moved. Not sure if we have seen dates that late get changed, take it with all the grains of salt necessary as usual.

I have a Feb stay in bc. No move yet

Yep. The safest choice money wise is no parties. The next safest choice is to put no money into the parties yet but wait to officially announce it until they absolutely have to in case a miracle happens I guess.

Timeline wise with when MNSSHP was cancelled, MVMCP would be officially cancelled in September. That’s plenty enough time for families that have no idea that its a possibility to adjust their plans.

I’m sure Disney knows what they’re doing, and if hours remain shortened for the holiday season I take that to mean they do not believe the extra few hours would bring in enough extra revenues to justify the cost of doing so. Better to extend later than roll back.

They can see their booking numbers and trends that we cannot.

I cannot imagine this has anything to do with the Xmas Parties. Disney is cutting back, not throwing money at things that might make money or might not.

I agree it’s unlikely.

Here is why I think it’s possible:

All parks are closing earlier and MK closes at 6 pm. Yes, the demand is down overall but the crowd volume is spread across 4 parks with their reservation system.

The choices could be one paid event at MK or like Farro just stated, the other choices for visitors is Disney Springs, chill at your hotel or go offsite in the evenings.

Cutting the evening hours at each Park just created the demand.

They haven’t cancelled Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party yet.

I’m sure Disney knows what they’re doing, and if hours remain shortened for the holiday season I take that to mean they do not believe the extra few hours would bring in enough extra revenues to justify the cost of doing so. Better to extend later than roll back.

They can see their booking numbers and trends that we cannot.

There’s no reason to keep the hours the same, or extend them if the crowds leave in the middle of the day. If they see an influx of out of state guests coming in and doesn’t seem to just be a 2-3 week blip, then I’m sure they can adjust the operating hours to make it work. But right now, having the parks open for a few hundred guests seems irresponsible.

On a smaller scale I equate it to working at a bar. Mon-Wed when we wouldn’t get late night crowds, last call would be determined on a night to night basis. If theres 1 or 2 guests from 10pm-2am, we’d have last call around 11 because it didnt make sense to stay open when no one is coming in

I'm kinda confused why they are leaving Epcot open 7 days a week at this point. Its main attraction right now is probably the restaurants and f&w, but now if they are closing it earlier they seem to be saying there is no money there in people wanting late food at all either. Surely closing a couple of days a week makes more sense at this point? Or more controversial close it entirely for now and build up demand for a grand reopening when some of the construction is done and its safe for higher capacity

I agree it’s unlikely.

Here is why I think it’s possible:

All parks are closing earlier and MK closes at 6 pm. Yes, the demand is down overall but the crowd volume is spread across 4 parks with their reservation system.

The choices could be one paid event at MK or like Farro just stated, the other choices for visitors is Disney Springs, chill at your hotel or go offsite in the evenings.

Cutting the evening hours at each Park just created the demand.

They haven’t cancelled Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party yet.
They're more concerned with saving staffing costs right now. I can’t even see a Christmas party selling out right now, with no fireworks, parades, meet and greets. So they wouldn’t even make the money back to staff the park for the party. These changes are not being done to make the Christmas party happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter