• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If NBA restarts a season in December, Yacht Club may not reopen between now and then, and Beach Club could be the 4th resort needed to hold the extra teams...I mean, everything is always subject to change right now...

I can't imagine the players would go for being locked down for months for the regular season. As much as I love Disney, I would not want to be there for months and go nowhere else. They are used to their mansions and cars.

Just saw another BC reservation moved - September 2021. Think it’s probably not a coincidence all those tickets got extended to 09/26/2021 and I’m going to look at it as Disney’s worst case date for return to “normal”, and maybe it happens sooner.

Easier to set a goal date further in the future and change it sooner than giving an earlier timeline for “returning to normal” and having to continue to push it back. They might lose some money from these upgrades if things are back to normal and the parks/resorts are pre-covid busy, but theres a reason that future date is September 26th and not October 1st.

Just saw another BC reservation moved - September 2021. Think it’s probably not a coincidence all those tickets got extended to 09/26/2021 and I’m going to look at it as Disney’s worst case date for return to “normal”, and maybe it happens sooner.

The 50th anniversary is 10/1/2020, there will be big demand for that date. I plan to arrive 9/27 or 9/28.

Easier to set a goal date further in the future and change it sooner than giving an earlier timeline for “returning to normal” and having to continue to push it back. They might lose some money from these upgrades if things are back to normal and the parks/resorts are pre-covid busy, but theres a reason that future date is September in and not October 1st.

Well. If they need to move my Gran Destino water view next May...I'll take a Riviera Deluxe Studio preferred view.

Thank you and Good Day.

Hey everyone, I’ve been off the thread for a few days but just got a notification on MDE About the reduced hours. I have a few reservations that are after the parks are now scheduled to close at. Are the restaurants still going to be open are will we need to modify?

Has anyone seen anything official on the restaurants hours changing as well?

Hey everyone, I’ve been off the thread for a few days but just got a notification on MDE About the reduced hours. I have a few reservations that are after the parks are now scheduled to close at. Are the restaurants still going to be open are will we need to modify?

Someone on the other site said they called and were told reservations that occur after the new park hours will be cancelled.

I’m sure they will all be cancelled but right now they are still available outside park hours. I just made back up plans for my ADRs that were outside park hours. Why do I get the feeling I may be changing them again. :(

Last edited:
I remember that discussion and no one suggested the rooms would be ready "the next day", which would be impossible as all of the players' rooms were outfitted with special bigger-than-king-sized beds and the queen beds were taken out. Not to mention the players' lounges and fences that were set up. Plus the rooms are not getting daily housecleaning, so, in addition to replacing the furniture (and in some cases, taking massage tables and weight equipment out), they will need a deep cleaning. If took at least a week or more to outfit the resorts to accommodate the teams and WDW has given itself a little over a week to get YC back together for regular guests (last "regular season" games are August 14, YC opens August 24). That timeline has been in place for quite some time now and I would think WDW would know how long it's going to take for them to turn the resort over for regular guests. There were many videos posted of the work that was put into the GF to get it ready. It gives a good sense of what will need to happen once the players leave as well.

I just don't know where you get the impression these players are trashing hotel rooms? They travel all over the country and stay in hotels most of the year and there have been zero reports of any of these players ever damaging hotel rooms. They also aren't allowed to have any guests in their rooms at this point so there are no "parties" going on in the rooms.
Actually I'm pretty sure someone did say they would be available next day. And again, I'm not necessarily saying trashed from parties. Just general wear in the rooms as the PP had mentioned. I also think you're being pretty naive if you think players aren't visiting each others rooms in the evenings.

Disney probably did research to determine how many hours guests were actually spending at each park and how much time it took them to ride an average number of rides. I was at WDW last week and will be going again at the end of September and except at MK, I don't think the reduced hours are going to affect my ability to do all that I am able to do. With so much entertainment and stores closed at Epcot, HS and AK, I think most people who arrive at the parks at opening will find they can do all the things that are open within the reduced hours. So, I'm considering the shaved off hours being hours that I didn't need or wouldn't have productively used. The thing that should be of greater concern is the number of things that aren't available. That's the thing that is making tickets less valuable.

This reduced hours is not fair to people who already paid for tickets expecting the normal hours. Hopefully there is some type of compensation.
Ummmm.... have you been watching this thread the last few months? Disney took “fair” and threw it out the window months ago. People here have been treated far more egregiously than that.... You don’t like it, call for a refund. That’s basically their company motto this year.

Ummmm.... have you been watching this thread the last few months? Disney took “fair” and threw it out the window months ago. People here have been treated far more egregiously than that.... You don’t like it, call for a refund. That’s basically their company motto this year.
Honestly, what would you expect Disney to do? Even with all they’ve cut, they’re just losing less with the parks than they did with the parks closed and probably not a whole lot less. They’re not in a position to start cutting prices. They would likely close the parks down again at that point. If you get a refund for what you spent if you decide not to go, what else are they obligated to do?

Whilst I agree, they also cannot keep cutting and expect demand to still be there for that same ticket price. How much further before its a cut too far for the majority of remaining visitors?
Disney says it’s the quarantines keeping people away according to rumors so I expect them to keep cutting.

Personally I think it’s the lack of offerings but what the heck do I know compared to those geniuses paid the big bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter