Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere else that they are no longer seating people with a row between them on the coasters. I came here to find out if that was true and seeing no mention of it. Did I miss that discussion?
I was there over Thanksgiving and they were seating one party per car, usually trying to leave a seat between if that coaster doesn't have a ton of spacing between cars (but most do). We were always the only ones in our car on coasters as a party of two, but on BTM & 7DMT I did notice there would be a group of 4 in one car and then a group of 4 in the car behind them, but there is space between those cars. Slinky was really hit or miss with that, it depended on who was seating people as we saw different styles depending on CM; there is space between those cars as well, just not as much imo as other coasters. The only rides where they are seating anyone right behind another party are those with a plexiglass/plastic sheet barrier.

All the reports I have seen about people catching Covid at Disney they have all elected to eat inside. I still believe that masked while inside in lines is pretty safe and eating outdoors is a safe bet.
It's really a matter of luck i guess. I eat inside every time i go and have not caught it. Like PP said you accept the risk the second you step foot at a theme park

I was there Wednesday and Thursday. So far no corona for me.

The virus is so widespread that if you choose to go to a theme park, you have to accept the risk of being exposed to it. Masks, distancing, and cleaning are mitigation steps. Nothing is foolproof.
All the reports I have seen about people catching Covid at Disney they have all elected to eat inside. I still believe that masked while inside in lines is pretty safe and eating outdoors is a safe bet.
There's an inherit risk in visiting WDW (like there is in a number of activities right now). Disney itself will tell you that. They don't put "an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present" on the front page of their website and on A-frames around WDW just for fun. You have to accept the risk. We can take all the mitigating precautions in the world, but at the end of the day, it's a theme park that draws thousands of people from all sorts of places every day so there is a risk. Disney has done a lot to make it as safe as possible, but that doesn't mean it's safer than your local supermarket. Yes, many will walk out of the parks without the virus (that's the goal of these enhanced health and safety measures), but if contracting the virus would wreak havoc on your physical health, professional situation, or family life, then I'd advise not visiting at this time. When I walk in, I accept the risk with this in mind -- no use in trying to convince myself otherwise.

It's really a matter of luck i guess. I eat inside every time i go and have not caught it. Like PP said you accept the risk the second you step foot at a theme park
Well said. Eyes wide open going in. Goes for anyplace people gather. Do your best. Take your chances. Or... you may have had it...don't know it.

I was there Wednesday and Thursday. So far no corona for me.

The virus is so widespread that if you choose to go to a theme park, you have to accept the risk of being exposed to it. Masks, distancing, and cleaning are mitigation steps. Nothing is foolproof.
Your family, friends and co-workers haven't accepted the risks Disney guests chose to assume. People who chose to vacation should be sure to completely follow their states quarantine and testing requirements. States kind of operate on the honor system, its not honorable to risk infecting those who didn't chose to assume risks.

Your family, friends and co-workers haven't accepted the risks Disney guests chose to assume. People who chose to vacation should be sure to completely follow their states quarantine and testing requirements. States kind of operate on the honor system, its not honorable to risk infecting those who didn't chose to assume risks.

I live just over an hour and a half away from Disney. I have three school age kids who attend full time and I have a high risk job. I’m not quarantining.

I will not be vacation shamed.

We could easily go vacation now and put no one at risk. I work from home, Micky was furloughed and we can go two weeks without visiting family/friends. I'm sure a lot of people are like us.

We aren't vacationing due to monetary reasons, but we could.

Interesting, I think this is the first time I've seen a report from someone here who tested positive. Everyone's free to do as they please but I haven't eaten inside a restaurant since this started and my area started getting hit with a second wave shortly after reopening indoor dining. It's an indoor space with a lot of chatter happening, so obviously it's going to be a risk.

Interesting, I think this is the first time I've seen a report from someone here who tested positive. Everyone's free to do as they please but I haven't eaten inside a restaurant since this started and my area started getting hit with a second wave shortly after reopening indoor dining. It's an indoor space with a lot of chatter happening, so obviously it's going to be a risk.

It seems like a very risky thing to do and it’s one of the reasons we pushed our trip to WDW out even further next year.

On topic and slightly taboo in this thread:

With the vaccines getting emergency approval, over the next few weeks we should start seeing a realistic timeline unfold.

“Let’s say we get 75 percent, 80 percent of the population vaccinated,” Fauci said. “If we do that, if we do it efficiently enough over the second quarter of 2021, by the time we get to the end of the summer, i.e., the third quarter, we may actually have enough herd immunity protecting our society that as we get to the end of 2021, we can approach very much some degree of normality that is close to where we were before.” Source

Herd immunity will directly impact Disney World's operations. It will be interesting to see how long Disney maintains current pandemic protocols. I'd expect certain things to start trickling back in March/April, but will really ramp up at the end of summer where the capacity limit might be lifted completely.

If you were hoping to attend the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in 2021, I like your chances right now.

But do you really think Disney will go back to no masks and such? It just seems so hopeless, I miss going so much but it’s just not possible right now for our family and won’t be till no masks.

But do you really think Disney will go back to no masks and such? It just seems so hopeless, I miss going so much but it’s just not possible right now for our family and won’t be till no masks.

There definitely will be a day masks aren't required at Disney - who knows if it is July 2021, Dec 2021, July 2022, etc but there will be a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter