Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with Disney trying to get my AP back. Supposedly someone will call me back within 7 days.

Has there been any rumors to any other signature restaurants coming back? My wife and I are going for a few days in May and are hoping for more options.
Nothing announced. BC and WL are reopening in May and June, so maybe a signature or 2 from them will open when the resort sides open, but otherwise no news.

You guys can talk about the limited benefits for APs as much as you want. But I moved to FL last month and I would give my right arm just to pay that high price for an AP with limited benefits.

Hell, I'll even sign a waiver saying I'm well aware of the limited benefits, just sell me a damn AP Disney please.

oh i am itching to buy three - we have a lot of planned trips coming up and i'm nervous about the future of my precious dvc gold pass option when the dust settles. I kick myself daily for not buying them prior to the shut down. I had them in my cart for weeks....

But again - with park pass reservations required and limited attendance enforced - they would only be increasing the number of people who are vying to get inside - while not increasing the capacity - where instead of selling AP's they can just keep doing these ticket deals.

That being said - what are the chances that they extend the buy 4 get two ticket deal past September?

I understand why people want Disney to start selling APs again but I really don’t see why they would right now.

Low crowds is a short term January/February problem (also some of the slower weeks of the year in general - was pretty quiet our late Jan/early Feb trip last year.)

They know they need the capacity for March and beyond when the crowds pick back up but limited capacity is still the same.

It really doesn’t make sense for them to sell APs to solve a short term low crowd problem but then cause a headache (and have unhappy new APs) in 6 weeks when crowds inevitably pick up again for spring break season.

Has anyone been able to renew their (FL resident) AP ? Mine expires in March.

Believe me, I'm thinking about it. But it seems like a waste to pay maybe 1/4 the cost of an AP just to go 4 days.

Would I buy it if Disney said no APs until next year? Yep.

But they haven't said when APs are coming back so it seems a waste to pay that for 4 days when they can start selling APs in February for all anyone knows.
Yeah that not knowing, about so many things, is the worst part.

I'm gonna hold you to that @sullivan.kscott

Believe me, I'm thinking about it. But it seems like a waste to pay maybe 1/4 the cost of an AP just to go 4 days.

But they haven't said when APs are coming back so it seems a waste to pay that for 4 days when they can start selling APs in February for all anyone knows.

If you buy the 4-day, and hold on to the 4th day, is there a chance you could use the price you paid for the 4-day toward the price of an AP?

Just took DMIL through the convention Center for the vaccine. At 86 it seems weird she can't even get a possible date on the horizon in Minnesota- the 5th highest taxed state, but #46 Florida had no issues now that we own a home here for a few days.

Now she is evaluating when a park visit can happen. :cool1:

I'm gonna hold you to that @sullivan.kscott

If you buy the 4-day, and hold on to the 4th day, is there a chance you could use the price you paid for the 4-day toward the price of an AP?

This exactly. If you buy the pass and use it now and they open AP sales before the June expiration, you can put the cost towards an AP. You might need to have a day left at that time although they can possibly even do it with no days left. Expiration would usually be backdated to when you first used the ticket.

It's not often they have FL ticket specials in summer / second half of the year, but it did happen a couple of years ago.

Since the Super Bowl and now the Miami Heat (both occurring in Florida) are using Covid sniffing dogs, which is weird but also supposedly 94% accurate, could this be something that Disney could potentially look into doing? No, this is not a joke either.
Better not. Both my wife and I are extremely afraid of dogs and get scared enough with the security dogs when we enter the parks. I hope they don’t add these.

Since the Super Bowl and now the Miami Heat (both occurring in Florida) are using Covid sniffing dogs, which is weird but also supposedly 94% accurate, could this be something that Disney could potentially look into doing? No, this is not a joke either.

They could play with Disney’s bed bug sniffing dogs.

Better not. Both my wife and I are extremely afraid of dogs and get scared enough with the security dogs when we enter the parks. I hope they don’t add these.

Id guess that (you and your wife are far from the only people afraid of dogs ) and allergy’s would come into play in a decision like this. This would be much different than dogs in an airport so can’t even make that comparison. Just throwing out a possible idea. 94% accuracy is higher than the temp checks lol

Id guess that (you and your wife are far from the only people afraid of dogs ) and allergy’s would come into play in a decision like this. This would be much different than dogs in an airport so can’t even make that comparison. Just throwing out a possible idea. 94% accuracy is higher than the temp checks lol
There are hypoallergenic dogs.

I wondered this months ( and probably 2000+ pages) ago, when it first came out that dogs were being trained to detect it. Honestly I could see their use being implemented in many places. I would have no issue with Disney doing this, but would they... Not sure.

Yeah dogs are present everyday, no issues with kids or allergies
My ‘terrified of dogs’ kid suddenly bolted across the crowd of people walking into Hollywood studios the other day. I looked over and realized he spotted the dog and was moving to get away from it. If they did ever use Covid sniffing dogs I would hope the dogs wouldn’t have to get very close to anyone. 😬

My ‘terrified of dogs’ kid suddenly bolted across the crowd of people walking into Hollywood studios the other day. I looked over and realized he spotted the dog and was moving to get away from it. If they did ever use Covid sniffing dogs I would hope the dogs wouldn’t have to get very close to anyone. 😬
That would be what I would hope. If the dog has to personally sniff everyone entering, I wouldn’t be able to go to Disney anymore. If they’re just in the background and can alert to the smell and passively detect, like the security dogs now, that’s ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter