• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh they NEED to keep these random character sightings forever and they need to make them truly random. No being able to anticipate who, where, or when, just more of Joy randomly frolicking in grass please.

I would give up real character meet and greets for this 🙃

Rumor mill: I heard from a friend Disney was considering a WDW closure sometime after labor day if things keep getting worse. Not that they will, but making plans in case they decide to later on. Won't be a crazy no notice thing, but might be a planned thing unless things start to get better.

Would make sense to me, finish the summer and maybe announce near or right after the next shareholder meeting? I would bet after, knowing Disney the announcement would be carefully timed when some other news is out there. Again no plan to do it, but they are making plans in case thing keep going downhill so they can be prepared on food orders, unemployment is smoother, construction can move forward etc etc. I do believe it , makes sense to have a backup plan so it's smoother of they do decide to re-shut down again.
I think they have to make plans in case Orange County or Florida mandates it. At the same time I expect that they are planning to stay open.

Orange County, Florida about to go live with their COVID update:

https://newsroom.ocfl.net/watch-orange-tv/

Army Corps of Engineers apparently has been consulting with Mayor Demings using the Orange County Convention Center if the threshold for beds reaches a critical point. This appears to be in a proactive nature and not necessary at this time.

It's probably also things like not having the dancers in Asia, the entertainment in Africa, people choosing to be more quiet b/c of the virus etc. Less workers hustling and bustling, no vine lady. It's not just the crowds but the pulling of staff and entertainment. As well as people not being as dart here and there, scream, jump around etc.

I can't speak to that at all. I haven't been during Covid. My observations were made during normal operations.

That's what Chicago did, but thankfully never needed it.

It's preparedness and I completely encourage it. In fact, I'd have no problem with the USN Comfort heading to Florida at this time.

ETA: Actually, if I were part of the round table discussions, I would have had thresholds already established that if, or once, pierced, mandate sailing her to Florida, etc.

Definitely makes sense to have a plan. I have a bad feeling that December and January are going to suuuuuuuck virus wise.

Well, the second winter of the Spanish Flu was worse than the first, so it's definitely a very real possibility. The thing that will help however, is at least we've had time to learn, to figure out some measures, hospitals have time to restock supplies (hopefully) etc...

It makes zero sense for them to ride out the summer then close. It’s either safe with guidelines in place or it’s not. If it’s not, close down immediately. Staying open for a pre-determined amount of time when you know it’s unsafe doesn’t make sense.

Whoever started that rumor has no idea how to run a business. Opening just to reclose willl destroy and end businesses. Never opening at all costs less than re-closing. I’m sure Disney can manage but I’m not sure Orlando or Florida economy can recover from something like that. Honestly, re-closing would be terrible.

The crowd levels look amazing. If it wasn’t for the oppressive heat we would be heading over in the next few days. We just rarely go to the parks in the summer with the heat and high dew points. I’m really hoping these crowd levels last through the fall though!!

From what I am seeing at the Polynesian, Disney is very loose with the refills. I have placed three orders at Captain Cook’s. The drink station CM never looks at the receipt.

Those with mugs simply show the mug. If it is a current design, the CM fills a paper cup with the guest’s beverage of choice. No RFID seems to be in play.
Not a large datapoint, but I recall them not requiring RapidRefill verification when I stayed there a few years ago, as if they decided speed was better than penny pinching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter