Cruise Upgrades.......

jvas

<font color=teal>Does anyone else besides me love
Hi!
Since I booked My cruise around a year in advance..what do you
think the odds are that we will get and upgrade.........currently
staying in cat 9 cabins.....Thanks!

The odds are not good. Upgrades are rare. If the cruise is not sold out, your chances are better. Disney can sell the cheaper cabins faster, so if there are empty cat 6 or 5 cabins, they upgrade to fill those and sell the newly available lower catagories.

The best advice I have seen on these boards is to not expect an upgrade. Book the catagory you want. That way you will not be disappointed when you do not recieve an upgrade.

I view Cruise upgrades chances the same as I would view an Economy flight upgrade to Business Class.

Basically, you need 2 things. Lots of good luck - to be the right person in the right place and the right time. And availability - you're never going to get an upgrade if there isn't any need for it on the part of the airline/DCL.

There is a poll on this board that shows how rare upgrades really are. There really does not seem to be a rhyme or reason behind them. If you are a lucky person and they want your present cabin to resell it may happen but not simply because you booked in advance, area loyal customer, booked a certain catagory etc....
Good luck though anything is possible

Thanks....I was just curious.......I know we will be perfectly happy
with our cat9 rooms!.....Can't wait to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter