Crystal Palace 4/27 ice cream was good..

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
but nothing else. So for the first time (for us), Crystal Palace sucked. We have eaten there once on each of our last 5 trips and it has always been awesome! Not this time. Jambalaya was horrible as well as the salmon and cod. Green beans were alright and the corn bread was decent. The clam chowder tasted like the ocean but not in a good way and after an hour and a half, no characters made it to our table. We got up to leave and we were stopped so my girls could meet eeyore but tigger and Pooh were 30 minutes out according to our server. The generic soft serve was good! Well, at least as good as it can be. We were totally disappointed as this was our last meal in park on our last day. Needless to say we won’t eat there again.

Last edited:
Well that stinks! I hate when I pay quite a bit for a meal, and then it's subpar. I know Crystal Palace, as well as most character dining, aren't standouts for their food, but you still expect decent food. Our most consistent character dining experiences food wise have been Tusker House, Cape May Cafe breakfast, and believe it or not, Hollywood & Vine. Our worst character dining experiences have been at Crystal Palace and Ohana. In fact, I disliked the Ohana character breakfast so much that I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Well that stinks! I hate when I pay quite a bit for a meal, and then it's subpar. I know Crystal Palace, as well as most character dining, aren't standouts for their food, but you still expect decent food. Our most consistent character dining experiences food wise have been Tusker House, Cape May Cafe breakfast, and believe it or not, Hollywood & Vine. Our worst character dining experiences have been at Crystal Palace and Ohana. In fact, I disliked the Ohana character breakfast so much that I don't think I'll ever do it again.

We have always had great food at H&V and Tusker House.

That’s a shame!

Last time we ate there was lunch in 2009. It was great, but I guess a lot can happen in 10 years.

That's crazy that in 90 minutes you didn't see any characters. They must have gotten their rotation off or something because that is very unusual.

That's crazy that in 90 minutes you didn't see any characters. They must have gotten their rotation off or something because that is very unusual.

That’s what I told our server. We sat to the right when you walk in, second table in middle at back at walkway. 3 families that sat down after us got to see all 3 characters while they were eating.

That's definitely not a normal experience (re: the characters) but that doesn't make yours any less miserable, especially when it's the final meal on your final day. Hope the rest of your trip was awesome!

A bad day for a restaurant can happen anywhere but for that price I expect to see characters. You are a far nicer person than me. If that had happened to me well me and the manager would have had a long talk and I can almost guarantee you there would have been character stopping by to see my girls. The Marines taught me well on how to be both polite and forceful when talking.

I only like Crystal Palace for breakfast. I did lunch there last year and thought the food was so-so. I would be really irritated if I spent that money and didn't get to see Eeyore (the star of the show)! :eeyore:

That’s what I told our server. We sat to the right when you walk in, second table in middle at back at walkway. 3 families that sat down after us got to see all 3 characters while they were eating.
What did your server say? Did you ask to speak to a manager?
It sounds like really bad timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter