Crystal Palace

webmomom

DIS Veteran
I know I am going to get flamed for this, but here is goes. We were at Disney for a short two day trips last Monday. We had no PS. WE were at the MK on Tuesday and around 4pm I went over the Cp to see if we could a ps for latter in the evening. I was told to come back around 7. We did and they took our name and we got in. I was so happy at that point. We have always like the CP,even from the very beginning before they changed it to the character buffet meal years ago.

Anyway, we are really hungry. We go to the buffet. NO Bread. Ok we are are not big bread eaters, can do with out. Bowl of lettuce, almost nothing in it. Took a little but nothing to put on it except dressing. there was nothing not even an empty dish where something use to be. Just lettuce and dressing. Took some pasta salad and a black bean salad and couple of other items. This is not starting out to good. Ok the fresh shrimp were fine. Then to the entree. The spoonbread was like sawdust. Broccoli that was so under done you could hardly use a fork with it. It would not go into the broccoli. The fresh fish (salmon) all gone, none to be seen. Had chicken , pasta and mushroom dish, I am still looking for the chicken. Mash potatoe were good, but can get them at home. Two meats on the craving station. Roast beef and Turkey. I don't and can't and won't rare meat and the beef was blood rare and they would not cut from the other end for me, so I took the turkey. It was very, very dry. I love salt, but the beef gravy was so salty, I could not stand it. My husband went up after me and saw that the roast beef had been cut alot and it was now into the more done section of the beef, so he got me peice. I will say it was excellent. One of the best peices of Rt. Beef I have had.

Ok now desert. I am not going to go into what they did not have, lets just say there was more emtpy dishes than there were full or partly full plates with desert.

I know they stay open past nine as they were seating people at nine thirty, but as a restaurant that runs a buffet, I don't care if it is five or ninety thirty you need to have dishes of food of everyone.

Will I go back probably not
Was the food ok. Some of what we could get
Was it worth the price. NO

I would have been annoyed too. But, I really believe in these situations you need to speak up in a friendly way. I would have either asked if more food was coming or would have asked the Manager to not charge us for the meal if it was that bad.
::MinnieMo

I will usually speak up. I use to be a head waitress of banquets, which often had buffets and I have also owned by own restaurant, so I know these things to do. I really think as the evening worn on, I just could be bothered. I saw a man running around who looked like a manager, but I would have needed to trip him to get his attention.

As a manager of a buffet it their responeablility to make sure the dishes are full. They know when their busy times are. Even as a small restaurant owner I keep records of the history of each day and would be able to tell you when if was going to get busy or slower. As a refurbed restaurant their should know if is going to be busy. People coming back to see what they have done, plus the characters. If they have run out of a certain food, pull the plate, don't leave it there empty or put a small sign saying the food will be right out. You can spread other plates out to cover. You never give the kmpression to the guest that you have run out of food. Even if you have to move the plates to cover the empty space and then move them back when the dish is done. I have written a letter to disney with all of the good things that happen to us on this trip as well as this incident. We actually had a very good time as many, many good things happen to us during the trip.

That's really too bad. Next time speak up, it does sound like the buffet manager was not watching the food selections properly and let them get down to dangerously low levels. No excuse for it. There's nothing worse than trying to scrape the last bit out of a pan and not really knowing what it was in the first place.
Sorry for you :(
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Why would you get flamed? Your review was fair and honest, not a biased put-down. Sounds like if you had the opportunity of a full buffet, it would have been quite good. What a shame for bad management.
Do you think you would go back for another try? Did you at least meet characters?
Claire

Originally posted by fizz13
Why would you get flamed? Your review was fair and honest, not a biased put-down. Sounds like if you had the opportunity of a full buffet, it would have been quite good. What a shame for bad management.
Do you think you would go back for another try? Did you at least meet characters?
Claire

No I don't think I would go back for a good long while. There are so many other places to eat. Yes we met the characters. The also have a Pooh parade which the kids of all ages seemed to enjoy. There was Pooh, Eyeor, PIglet and Tigger and they all were interacting with everyone. I was surprised at how much they inter acted with us, since we did not have any children with us at this time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter