CSR Pool Closing?

SnackyStacky

DIS Veteran
Read this while getting hotel quotes:

"The Los City of Cibola pool at the Disney's Coronado Springs Resort will be closed for refurbishment from January 25 through February 11, 2003. Guests can enjoy the other three quiet pools located at the hotel. "

Don't know if it's true or not, just giving a head's up!

You scared me -- from the thread title I thought the Caribbean Beach Resort pool was closing. We just booked a stay there, and are hoping to be able to use the pool at least one day.

Can the thread title be changed to CSR Pool closing?

Better?

My bad! Didn't mean to scare you! I know how obnoxious little mistakes like that are!!! ;)

Hi there,
Just curious where you found that information? I'd like to update my CSR website.
Thanks in advance :)

Wow, there sure are going to be a lot of pools closed during the January and February time period. I knew that PO-R was to be closed, as well at Stormalong Bay, but now CSR? I know they need to do this during the off season, when the weather may not be prime swimming weather, but 3 resorts sounds like a lot to me... especially with on water park closed as well!

Before this spreads as official, it did NOT come from Disney. I linked the site where I found it. I would call Disney for official confirmation.

Having said that, I honestly believe that they just don't care. When I was there in September, there were MASS rehabs going on. At the Magic Kingdom, the Crystal Palace, the Haunted Mansion, the Castle all at once, in addition to LOTS of painters.

At Epcot, Italy, Canada, Norway, and parts of China were ALL under rehab at the same time.

If they cared anything about the show, rehabs wouldn't be so clumped together. Because 3 pools closing simoultaneously is ridiculous. One of the things that makes Disney resorts unique are the pools!!!

There's also some confusion about the SAB rehab at the Y/B Club. Some have been told it is a total closure, others have been told it's only the slide, I called them directly and the CMs at the front desk said they knew of no scheduled rehab.

Geoff, that's funny.

Others have been given confirmation by Cast Members that it WILL in fact be closed, whether the slide or the entire complex. So I suppose calling for confirmation on this one will be hit or miss.

I guess the lesson is to go in expecting the worst, and perhaps you'll get a pleasant surprise! :)

We will be staying at CSR starting on FEb 16. What are the chances that the rehab will be done? Does anyone know what Disney's track record is for completing these rehabs according to schedule?

I have no idea of their track record with resort pools. I suppose it would depend on whether or not there's any kind of damage to the pool structure, or if it's just a routine maintenance type of deal. Maybe someone else can help you further.

Just called to confirm or put to rest this rumor. According to the CSR front desk who also check with Recreation and the Marina, there are no plans rehab the pool at this time.

This is an old thread and I apologize if this has already been updated in a different thread (I couldn’t find one), but this is TRUE. I have a letter in hand from Disney that says exactly what SnackyStacky reported, that the CSR pool will be closed Jan. 25 thru Feb. 11. It seems that calling Disney directly is never the best way to confirm a rumor. I think the CM's are the last to know.

It is true. We are checking in on Friday(1/17) and checking out on 1/26. We rcvd. a letter from Disney last week telling us of the closure beginning 1/25.

We are arriving Jan 24- 28 and have not received a letter about the pool. When did you receive this letter? I wish they would have told me when I paid my final amount on Jan 3rd.

:mad:

I think I got it Wednesday of last week. It was in one of the yellow envelopes their confirmations come in. When I first saw it I thought it might be some kind of discount offer because it said something like " For your future plans" on it. But I opened it and it was this happy stationary that announced the closing just like Pugsley's post states. I was not surprised about it. I had read somewhere on these boards about this closing awhile back.

jdkdorn - I received the letter last week and I was supposed to arrive there on Feb. 6. I don't know why you haven't received a letter. One of the reasons I like to stay there is for the dig site pool, and I'm going to cancel my reservation (I was thinking about cancelling anyway, but this made my decision easier). If you really don't want to stay there because of the pool closure, I would think they would give you your money back.

Real Loser, exactly! The letterhead says “For Your Future Enjoyment” and looks like you’re about to get good news. (The envelope said that too – mine didn’t come in the yellow envelope.) I love the way they can put a spin on things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter