CSR v CBR need to cancel one

wdw71

DIS Veteran
Only 3 of us traveling this trip, myself, DD (17) and DS (15). Thanksgiving week (11/18/21 to 11/28/21) we have 8 day park hoppers. Hope to hang out and swim a day or afternoon or two if the temperatures allow. Breakfast at the resort is a “big deal” for my son. We actually like taking the bus but the skyliner is intriguing.
I have two reservations and of course need to cancel one. First is a CBR standard room (no preferred rooms were available when I booked) and the other is a CSR preferred room. We have stayed at neither, Which would you cancel?

I'd cancel CBR. I've stayed at both, and I much prefer CSR. I think the food selections are better, and I like the whole feel of CSR much more. Plus CSR has a great pool area with a giant hot tub. And a good pool slide, if that is important.

this is a NO BRAINER, IMO. CANCEL CBR!

CSR has much better food and if you don't mind buses, there's no transportation downside. a preferred room there will place you right near the food court for mickey waffles in the morning.

this is a NO BRAINER, IMO. CANCEL CBR!

CSR has much better food and if you don't mind buses, there's no transportation downside. a preferred room there will place you right near the food court for mickey waffles in the morning.

In terms of food, CBR has easy access to Riviera as well. Currently the food court at CSR is grab and go, meaning the stuff has been made and put into boxes where those waffles will get soggy with steam moisture.

I may detest the Skyliner with multiple parties per gondola, but CBR definitely has access to better food choices.

In terms of food, CBR has easy access to Riviera as well. Currently the food court at CSR is grab and go, meaning the stuff has been made and put into boxes where those waffles will get soggy with steam moisture.

I may detest the Skyliner with multiple parties per gondola, but CBR definitely has access to better food choices.

I thought the restaurants were opening back up? Could have swore I saw that here.

I thought the restaurants were opening back up? Could have swore I saw that here.

Only Maya Grill had the sign that was photographed. (no in-print internet confirmation from Disney)

No word on Toledo at all.

And no word that El Mercado is changing from grab and go.

Still IMHO pales in comparison to access to Riviera and the Epcot area resorts via Skyliner for food.

I've stayed at CBR and CSR several times.

Opened in 1988, CBR is the oldest Moderate Resort. Even with upgrades, it's a product of its time. Staying there is a bit of a time capsule for me.

In general, CSR is the better resort. Better rooms , better food court, better pool.

CSR rooms were fully renovated in 2017 and feel like those you might find in a modern hotel. I last stayed at CBR in 2019. The rooms felt dated then, although I don't know if they have been renovated since.

CBR's food court always feel chaotic to me. It's just too small for the size of the resort, even after it lost 576 rooms to the Riviera.

CBR's Old Port Royale pool is fun for young children. If you were going with kids ages 3 to 10, I'd recommend that one. But with a 17 and 15 year-old accompanying you, CSR's Mayan pyramid themed is more adult and, IMO, has an easily accessible snack bar.

Before the Skyliner, CBR was the least expensive Moderate Resort. It also was the easiest to book. I think they added the Skyliner and tore down buildings for the Riviera to make it more appealing.

Some love the Skyliner. I enjoy jumping on it in the middle of the day when it's not crowded and I don't have to share a gondola with strangers. But the Skyliner has long lines in the morning, and almost as long in the evening.

Don't get me wrong. I like CBR But I like CSR more.

I'm a vote for CSR, even a regular room and not in the new Gran Destino Tower. I have stayed at both, and most recently at CBR. Had an awful stay at CBR however, all that aside, just for what it is on face value, it's not that nice of a resort in the mod category. Rooms need some TLC whereas the rooms at CSR have been more recently refurbed and are much much nicer on the inside than CBR.

The only benefit at CBR is the skyliner and IMO isn't that great of a transport benefit since it has its limitations between weather and going down, whereas when you stay at a monorail, it's not as common for that mode of transport to go down. And when you do have bus it to the parks, the number of bus stops is 5 or 6, and it's such a large resort, you do need to build in a bit of extra time if you do take the buses whereas at CSR, you will need to do the same but since the property isn't as expansive, it's a teeny bit shorter. When the skyliner is up, it is very convenient but you will walk a ways to transport and the lobby whereas if you have the preferred at CSR, that's a winner IMO.

Both resorts have the motel/mod vibe. Food options at CSR are better, Three Bridges reopened so that's a good option and the lounge in the tower is also open.

The pools are comparable so not a lot of distinction there but having the preferred location room at CSR, hands down, that would be my choice, then add in nicer rooms, then I'm sold.

If you can get Gran Destino Tower then I would do Coronado. If not, then Caribbean Beach for the Skyliner and the ability to walk to the Riviera. Topolino's ( at Riviera ) has one of the hottest character breakfasts on site right now. ( It's tough to get so if you want to go here make it a priority at the 60 day mark ).

Tough call for me - we love both. However, in the current environment with limited bus capacity, I'd lean towards keeping CBR. I don't know if bus capacity has increased yet or if that will happen by November. But if its the same, that was a big factor for us on our recent trip and we were glad to have been at CBR on the Skyliner to avoid bus hassles for two of the four parks. We also used Uber more than ever too. People line up early at the bus depots to make rope drop so that they don't have to wait for a second bus to come around, since the limited capacity has buses filling up quicker than usual.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I talked to the kids, we watched YouTube videos of both resorts and took all the comments into consideration. They decided on CSR so I canceled CBR this afternoon.

Only Maya Grill had the sign that was photographed. (no in-print internet confirmation from Disney)

No word on Toledo at all.

And no word that El Mercado is changing from grab and go.

Still IMHO pales in comparison to access to Riviera and the Epcot area resorts via Skyliner for food.

I find it hard to imagine this won't have changed by thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter