Curiosity question - what do you pack/wear for cruises?

What is your approach to your cruise wardrobe?

• Dress up - a cruise is a chance to pull out clothes I don't normally wear!

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Dress down - it's a vacation, I want to be comfortable

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Somewhere in the middle - I pack a few nicer outfits, but mostly go for comfort

Votes: 83 61.0%
  • Cruise wardrobe? I just pack what I wear every day 😂

Votes: 15 11.0%

• Total voters
Second question is pirate night…my kids are all about it but it’s not for me. Is it usually an all or nothing thing with families? I don’t want to be buying things last minute so I’m trying to get everything ahead of time!
Unless you really want that photo of the entire family dressed as pirates, then you do you and DON'T dress as a pirate if you don't feel like it. There will be people going all-out, and then there will be a lot of people treating it like any other night on the cruise, maybe just stopping to enjoy the fireworks.

Don't worry about what others are wearing at any time, as long as it's appropriate for a cruise with lots of families. It's your vacation.

Hoping you all can help. I tend to stress over the little things and I know from what everyone said previously there will always be someone more or less dressed up than me. My two questions are both in regards to a Wish 4 night cruise in July. I am a casual/resort dress wearing person for meals on vacation. For this trip, Our family was talking about doing a 1920s inspired dressier look (traveling with 10+) - I have a borrowed dress from a friend that is from a Gatsby party. I’m not sure I love it, so do people mainly dress in 1920s themed things if dressing up? Second question is pirate night…my kids are all about it but it’s not for me. Is it usually an all or nothing thing with families? I don’t want to be buying things last minute so I’m trying to get everything ahead of time!
For kids and you if you wish - Maybe just some red striped t-shirts over black shorts and an eye patch? Doesn't take much room and can be reworn as mix and match on other days. You will get pirate scarves in your room on day of.

For kids and you if you wish - Maybe just some red striped t-shirts over black shorts and an eye patch? Doesn't take much room and can be reworn as mix and match on other days. You will get pirate scarves in your room on day of.
Thank you - if we weren’t doing a park trip first I would definitely be more into dressing up but I know I am going to just want my go-to dresses for vacation. I did look into Zaria’s from the Pirate Fairy but mayyybe next cruise!

Hoping you all can help. I tend to stress over the little things and I know from what everyone said previously there will always be someone more or less dressed up than me. My two questions are both in regards to a Wish 4 night cruise in July. I am a casual/resort dress wearing person for meals on vacation. For this trip, Our family was talking about doing a 1920s inspired dressier look (traveling with 10+) - I have a borrowed dress from a friend that is from a Gatsby party. I’m not sure I love it, so do people mainly dress in 1920s themed things if dressing up? Second question is pirate night…my kids are all about it but it’s not for me. Is it usually an all or nothing thing with families? I don’t want to be buying things last minute so I’m trying to get everything ahead of time!
On our wish 4 night we did see several parties dressed in 1920s attire, we plan on doing that on the treasure.
Pirates night lots and lots of parties were dressed up, some very simple and others very extravagant.

One cruise pirate night we saw a passenger who looked more like Johnny Depp than Johnny Depp. Full on costume, facial hair (not sure if it was real or not), pirate rings etc. Was so good we did the “pretend we are taking a selfie but get him in the background” selfie. He could have just stood in the atrium corner before dinner and people would have started forming a line for pics.

Alaska cruise bring a warm jacket but rarely wear more than a Sweatshirt and thick pants and tennis shoes.

Some pack their LL Beans, Artic parkas, insulated gloves,, the full route and never wear it.
I have a nice Haunted mansion Dinner jacket that goes well with a black mechanics shirt underneath if I need to not look like a soup sandwich & step up my appearance.

I wear my JAWA Motorcycle shirt and people think it the JAWAs from Star Wars and if they sell them on board.
jawa-motorcycle-mens-tee-on-black__56873.1517522332.jpg

If we have to step it up a notch in dress wife will wear an Eleanor Roosevelt Blouse and a Prairie skirt with pumps. It sounds simple, but looks so classic golden age of cruising dressy.
The girls working at the Disney Family Museum in the Presidio wear something similar or did last we visited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter