• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are booked on a January 2024 Wish cruise. We still cannot book DCL transfers from WDW to the port and back to WDW post cruise. Any idea what the holdup/delay is? I called last week and was told that 2024 transfers booking *should be available early 2024, which our group is not comfortable waiting that long to book. Thanks!

We are booked on a January 2024 Wish cruise. We still cannot book DCL transfers from WDW to the port and back to WDW post cruise. Any idea what the holdup/delay is? I called last week and was told that 2024 transfers booking *should be available early 2024, which our group is not comfortable waiting that long to book. Thanks!
Hi and thanks for your question. I am a performer on the ships so I am not sure exactly what is going on with the bookings. Let me try and investigate and I will let you know what I can find out

There is so much secrecy surrounding Disney so everyone wants to find out as much info as they can. I know I would love to see stuff behind the scenes
I don’t think it’s a matter of secrecy, it just makes business sense to keep people out.

My roles meant that I had to know and get around just about every backstage area in order to meet and guide guests arriving backstage both at the parks and resorts. IE, I’ve seen it all and I didn’t see anything that had to be kept a secret. If anything, it was the opposite “wow, it’s boring back here”. The best stuff is on stage.

I don’t think it’s a matter of secrecy, it just makes business sense to keep people out.

My roles meant that I had to know and get around just about every backstage area in order to meet and guide guests arriving backstage both at the parks and resorts. IE, I’ve seen it all and I didn’t see anything that had to be kept a secret. If anything, it was the opposite “wow, it’s boring back here”. The best stuff is on stage.
I know for me, it was just once I found out about it, it was like “Wow! That is so cool! And makes so much sense!” But like you said, I’m at Disney to see what’s on the stage and the magic above ground. Never had much desire to see underground, just the knowing it was there and that’s how the magic happened was enough for me! :) I do however remember an AWESOME tour my Mother booked when my brother and me were younger that operated before Epcot opened for the day and you got to tour it on Segways. Or I think it was Epcot anyway! Might have been Hollywood Studios, but regardless it didn’t go underground. Granted this was over 15 years ago as I am now 30 and this happened when I was maybe 13. Possibly younger.

Yes we have to keep our fitness level up to be able to do this role. Warming up our bodies before we perform is also part of the role
I know on the Wish I saw a lot of them at the gym the one day. I knew a few from doing a back to back so they did say hey and asked how it was going.

I know my friend grabbed a water at nightingales they night he had off. Told me when I saw him earlier he had off. I meet him when he was cruise staff in 2019 on Fantasy

Attachments

• IMG_2993.jpeg
    IMG_2993.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 22
I know on the Wish I saw a lot of them at the gym the one day. I knew a few from doing a back to back so they did say hey and asked how it was going.

I know my friend grabbed a water at nightingales they night he had off. Told me when I saw him earlier he had off. I meet him when he was cruise staff in 2019 on Fantasy
Yes you are very likely to see performers and other CMs on their time off around the ship. We literally live in a floating tin can in the middle of the ocean, we have nowhere else to go lol

I know for me, it was just once I found out about it, it was like “Wow! That is so cool! And makes so much sense!”
Actually, it doesn’t make a lot of sense, because of its flaws it wasn’t duplicated to any significant degree at any of the other parks. It was replaced simply by putting a road all around the perimeter of the parks.

The utilidor works in that cast members can walk to their locations but with one main entrance receiving supplies and distributing them to all the venues, it’s a challenge. And because CM buses also drop off and pick up there it’s gets crowded. Hated that assignment.

but regardless it didn’t go underground.
The utilidor is not actually underground, it’s on the first floor of a three level structure. Most of MK is on the second level and Cinderella Castle is on the third.

Next time you visit MK notice that you’re walking up a slight incline beginning at the dock and ending at the castle. It’s very noticeable at the utilidor entrance backstage where if you look up you’ll see the rear of the BoG restaurant two stories up.

I think it’s just the curiosity of not being able to go there. I know there’s places I am not allowed to go on the ship and I want to know what they’re like!

Yes you are very likely to see performers and other CMs on their time off around the ship. We literally live in a floating tin can in the middle of the ocean, we have nowhere else to go lol
Yup I didn’t realize the first night I was sitting by one at keg and Compass. He was funny and nice though 💯

I think it’s just the curiosity of not being able to go there. I know there’s places I am not allowed to go on the ship and I want to know what they’re like!
Yup, probably some of that too.
I don't see why they don't offer in depth behind the scenes ship tours to crew members, current Disney CMs and retirees that are on the cruise?
Did you ever do one of the CM only, behind the attractions tours at WDW? Walking the entire Haunted Mansion with the lights on was very cool!

After watching a behind the scenes documentary on board a MSC cruise ship, I would love to see the engine room, the stinky waste disposal room, the laundry room, one of the refrigerated storage rooms, and the I-95.

Question: what Disney character(s) who aren't on the ship would you like to see? If they can have Olaf, surely they could have Sebastian.

Are cast members allowed to eat at the Castaway buffet over by the adults-only beach?
Does Disney even allow face characters (on their off time) to go to the beach, fearing they may get sunburnt? :eek:
Does Disney even allow face characters to go outside? :eek:
Are you currently locked in a tower? Wait, I'm going overboard here with this. :rotfl:
(it's like that scene from Ralph Breaks the Internet when Penelope meets the Disney princesses)
Castmembers are allowed to eat at the buffet at Serenity. A friend of mine was friends with Jasmine onboard and I actually spotted my friend in a Youtube review video on the buffet line 😂

Hello - another question about the end of cruise survey. Is it correct that the ratings about the main dining room dinners food are considered as towards the serving team? Ie if I rate the team high and rate the food low, it is still looked at as a negative towards the serving team?

Thanks!
That is correct. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but that is how those scores are viewed.

We were also on this cruise! Somehow missed these group shots. I'll be on the lookout for some group meet n greets or photo ops on our EBPC in December.
If I remember correctly they were announced or on the app shortly before they happened and they weren't available for long each time. There are no autographs and it's just your one group with a quick photo (they will do Shutters and your phone/camera). You can't do the whole let the kids take a pic, and then parents take a pic, and then all of us together thing.

Yup, probably some of that too.
I don't see why they don't offer in depth behind the scenes ship tours to crew members, current Disney CMs and retirees that are on the cruise?
Did you ever do one of the CM only, behind the attractions tours at WDW? Walking the entire Haunted Mansion with the lights on was very cool!
They should!!
Yes I did that too!

After watching a behind the scenes documentary on board a MSC cruise ship, I would love to see the engine room, the stinky waste disposal room, the laundry room, one of the refrigerated storage rooms, and the I-95.

Question: what Disney character(s) who aren't on the ship would you like to see? If they can have Olaf, surely they could have Sebastian.
The incinerator room is gross!!!!!!!!
I think there should be a much more varied selection of characters across the fleet. I would love the characters from Winnie the Pooh lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter